• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,179 posts

Posted July 31, 2006 - 11:48 AM

You've gotta be f*cking kidding me! Hasek? I'd rather have gone with Belfour, at least he would have crapped out early on and gotten out of the way. Hasek will stick around just long enough to be a problem.

#2 mike7psu

mike7psu

All-Star

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted July 31, 2006 - 01:42 PM

My first thought when i heard this was "What do they do when he gets hurt?"
second was "What do they do when he gets an attitude the first time he is benched?"
third was "Are these two goalies the oldest combo in the league?"
last was "This must be deja vu, cuz i swore this happened years ago, and these guys are way to old for the normally smart wings to attached the whole season to"

Good luck!
Building towards a winner!Posted Image

#3 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,345 posts

Posted July 31, 2006 - 02:41 PM

My first thought is what the hell are we thinking. I know the end result is the cup, but we want to place that on a goalie that has a problem groin and an attitude to boot? I think we just flushed the season before it got started unless a miracle happens. Hope Howard and Liv are ready to go!
Posted Image

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,179 posts

Posted July 31, 2006 - 03:03 PM

I think we just flushed the season before it got started unless a miracle happens.

I was thinking along those lines when I first heard about it but, really, what happens if Hasek craps out on us? Osgood comes in and we're right back where we were at the start of the season.

As much as I'm not happy about "The Distractionator" being back on the team, it looks like he came cheap which means that he can be tossed aside if need be. Osgood can reclaim the starting role and the team moves on like everyone expected them to yesterday.

#5 Johnny Polaris

Johnny Polaris

Power Forward

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted July 31, 2006 - 04:22 PM

I hear Hasek is working out here in Grand Rapids. A stick-boy stands in front of the crease and hands him a stick. Hasek then whips it into the corner and trys to get to it in 30 seconds or less. I thought I heard a wail from east of here, this probably explains it.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,179 posts

Posted July 31, 2006 - 08:14 PM

Hasek then whips it into the corner and trys to get to it in 30 seconds or less.

HA!

That reminds me, I should just record myself screaming "Damnit Hasek! Get back in the net!" now and have it on hand during the season so I don't lose my voice during games.

#7 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,345 posts

Posted August 01, 2006 - 06:18 AM

Are we taking any bets that Chelios will call this another embarrassment like he did in 02?
Posted Image

#8 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,345 posts

Posted August 01, 2006 - 09:48 AM

Ok so we might (and I really mean might) have solved the problem in goal now what about finding a good power forward to fill the hole left by Shanny?
Posted Image

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,179 posts

Posted August 01, 2006 - 09:51 AM

Holland's holding out for Anson Carter, IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?