• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted May 07, 2006 - 10:06 AM

After a disappointing first round exit for the #1 seed in the NHL will we see a new face in goal next year? Legace is not the only reson that we exited early, I think you can blame the whole team. However Manny did let in some bad goals. :mad:
Posted Image

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,149 posts

Posted May 07, 2006 - 11:21 AM

It sounds like Holland wants to get a true #1 goalie. At the same time, he's said that he wants to keep both Manny and Ozzie, but that was before the playoffs. Manny's since said that he won't go back to being the backup. It seems to me like that makes it tough for Manny to come back.

#3 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted May 07, 2006 - 04:12 PM

Candidates?
Posted Image

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,149 posts

Posted June 10, 2006 - 08:40 AM

With Holland announcing that Legace will not be re-signed (which can always change - see Mathieu Schneider), I'm predicting that he ends up in Tampa Bay. Just a feeling.

Detroit's almost certain to go with Osgood as the backup now. The names bouncing around as starter are usually Belfour, Giguere, Nabokov and Biron (with Luongo thrown in 'cause he's in every goalie rumor right now). Holland won't give up what it will take to get Luongo so I'd go with the others in the following order: Nabokov, Biron, Giguere, Belfour.

Actually, I wouldn't even go with Belfour, I'd rather have Howard or Liv back up Osgood than take a chance with "The Eagle" and his bad back.

#5 Gilbert

Gilbert

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted June 12, 2006 - 09:57 AM

I think the Wings should coax Hanlon out of retirement.

Or, before they go spending $ on a goaler they should bring their prospects up and see what they have....or use Osgood...He has won a cup same as Vernon did and he is a veteran.

I always say don't make an esay thing hard

How many rookie goalies kicked som ass this play-off year?

#6 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted June 12, 2006 - 10:20 AM

I think Howard is a diamond in the rough. He deserves a shot, plus he is bigger and takes up more of the net. Look what he did at U Maine
Posted Image

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,149 posts

Posted June 12, 2006 - 02:51 PM

Just about everyone who watched him this last year says that Howard needs another year in GR. However, some have said that Liv could make the jump (I really don't understand that but I've never seen him play). That said, I find it hard to believe that Holland won't go after a goalie.

#8 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted June 12, 2006 - 06:55 PM

The Swedish elite league is one thing. I have heard good things, however like you I have not seen him play. I just want another cup for Stevie. Do you know if he has made a decision yet?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?