• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted February 08, 2006 - 09:23 PM

The Wings have been looking good in the first of their back-to-back games against the Preds. Making Vokoun look human enough to have been pulled after two periods is a big difference from the norm.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:07 PM

Finally opened up the scoring on the Predators, usually a stingy team. I hope the well hasn't run dry, they'll need some more of those goals tomorrow.

#3 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted February 09, 2006 - 01:09 PM

Back to Back shutouts by Legace!!!!!
Posted Image

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted February 09, 2006 - 09:13 PM

Not looking so good tonight. I'm definitely not happy about the second Nashville goal. First one was just great passing, Wings scored one like it a few games ago.

Damn, Zetterberg just had a pretty chance. Maybe we need to start using "Zetterbergian" as a descriptor.

Nashville's fans, like most of the ones in the newer cities, annoy the hell out of me. Always with the "Manny, Manny, You Suck!" chant. I've never heard "You Suck!" added to a chant at the Joe. What ever happened to just chanting a player's name.

And the announcers at the new arenas bother me, too. Every time I hear "On... The... POWERPLAY!" I want to smack someone. Wings fans are spoiled by Bud Lynch, making the same straightforward announcement no matter who scored, who's going into the box, etc. The screaming power play announcement seems like they have to remind the fans to pay attention now 'cause they obviously weren't to see that a penalty was called.

#5 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted February 09, 2006 - 09:27 PM

I think we were playing possom with them... tie game! :D
Posted Image

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted February 09, 2006 - 09:57 PM

Wings definitely kicked it up in the second half of the second period, we'll see who comes out with momentum for the third.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?