Photo

Red Wings vs. Blackhawks (3-game series)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted October 27, 2005 - 07:22 PM

The Wings have sucked defensively through one but (as usual) it's good to see the power play clicking. We'll see if they can pull it all together.

On a note of the weird... I was surprised to see that the Hawks have someone wearing Chelios' #7. Figured they'd do like the Blues did with Hull's #16 and leave it out of circulation until they could retire it.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted October 27, 2005 - 09:11 PM

Strong third period, a little luck, and the Wings get the win. Their record start continues and Legace sets a new NHL record for wins in October.

:shocked:

#3 shaney

shaney

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted October 27, 2005 - 09:32 PM

You know I've always said they should have let Manny have a shot at number 1. I was so sick of hearing he's a great "backup" goalie, but he can't handle the pressure. It sure seems lke he can to me. I'm glad to see he's finally gotten his chance to shine, I really think this will be his year.

#4 shaney

shaney

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted October 29, 2005 - 10:46 AM

I was hoping Manny would get to start and add one more win to his new record, but Babcock announced Ozzie will be in goal. Lets hope Ozzie can continue with the Wings winning ways.

GO WINGS!

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted October 29, 2005 - 11:52 AM

It's a smart time to get Ozzie his first start. You're going to want to do it on the road and the Wings are at home after this game until November 6th. It's already been a week since his last AHL start, you don't want to make him sit for another week.

ETA: Merging this with the Wings-Blackhawks thread, we'll keep the entire 3-game series in one spot.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted October 29, 2005 - 09:57 PM

Strong first game for Osgood. I haven't checked my game tape and they only showed the overhead replay once, but I still think the second Chicago goal was kicked in. Can't complain about a win, though.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted November 01, 2005 - 07:09 PM

Schneider's out tonight? I just caught the end of the pregame on OLN, did they say why he's out?

ETA: They just said he'd day-to-day with a sore groin.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted November 01, 2005 - 07:49 PM

Adding injury to injury, Legace's out. Barnaby got knocked down by Fischer and fell on Legace's leg. I didn't see what the OLN guys say they saw, that Fischer's stick was in Barnaby's legs, looked more to me like Barnaby stepped backwards and onto Legace's pad, tripping over it.

Osgood's in now. Legace was on the ice in pain for awhile but walked off under his own power.

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted November 01, 2005 - 10:30 PM

Ozzie looked sharp and the Wings played well in front of him. I'd imagine that no matter what Legace's injury ends up being (hopefully nothing serious) we'll see Osgood in net against Edmonton just to get Legace some more recovery time.

#10 shaney

shaney

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted November 01, 2005 - 10:48 PM

I hope Manny is ok. I'd hate to see us lose him for any length of time after playing so well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?