• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,253 posts

Posted October 10, 2005 - 05:05 PM

Well, last night (yesterday afternoon, I guess) was supposed to be the Wings' first real test and ended up being a bit of a laugher. Now they're up against their next "first real test" in the Canucks tonight.

Vancouver is the NHL's new kind of unbeaten, at 1-0-1. They've been in Detroit since before the Wings finished off the Flames, so they should be well-rested and ready to go. It should be a good matchup, we'll have to see if Legace can handle a second game in as many nights (for the second time this season) and find out which Dan Cloutier shows up.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,253 posts

Posted October 10, 2005 - 07:40 PM

I don't know why I'm seeing this right now, but I just realized that - for a big guy - Jiri Fischer is pretty quick. Not real fast, but not slow as hell like Hatcher.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,253 posts

Posted October 10, 2005 - 09:39 PM

Well, that sucked. Wings just had nothing tonight, Canucks did a good job of pressuring the points on the PP.

#4 shaney

shaney

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted October 10, 2005 - 10:04 PM

This is the game that concerned me the most. The Nucks are a very physical, hard hitting team
more so than the Flames. At least we only lost by one, that's better than being blown out. We knew we wouldn't win all the games, we finally got our first loss out of the way.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,253 posts

Posted October 10, 2005 - 10:24 PM

:welcome:
Maybe I should just start one welcome thread for all the people from RWW.

I agree that this is the most concerning game so far, but it was also (in my opinion) the most expected. It would have been nice for the Wings to play up to their potential to see how well they really match up against the Canucks, but they didn't. We know that when they play a half-assed game they'll lose against a very good Vancouver team, we don't know how their "A" game matches up to Vancouver's.

#6 shaney

shaney

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted October 11, 2005 - 08:27 AM

I agree Yzer. Not to make excuses but we played two very tough, physical teams back to back and that had to be very draining for our team. Our power play had to be exhausted after the game against Calgary too. We are also still adjusting to new rules, a new coach and a few new players on the team after not having played any meaningful games in 16 months. I think it'll take a couple of weeks before we really start clicking. We are 3 and 1 so far, and that's not a shabby start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?