• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,251 posts

Posted September 21, 2005 - 07:24 PM

So far, it seems like this game is the exception to the preseason rule. Only a couple penalties and one goal.

The Avs' goalie seems pretty sharp but neither team has gotten a whole lot of chances. We'll see what the next couple periods bring.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,251 posts

Posted September 21, 2005 - 07:54 PM

Even the announcers are still getting warmed up. I've noticed more than a handful of references to the old offsides rules.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,251 posts

Posted September 22, 2005 - 12:17 AM

Always good to see the Wings pull out the win. That power play at in OT was about the only one that really clicked for Detroit.

Did it seem to anyone else like the puck was bouncing a lot?

#4 HockeyFreak92

HockeyFreak92

Grinder

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted September 22, 2005 - 08:09 AM

i think the puck was bouncing because it was warm... in my leages (bantam A) they usually put the game puck in the middle of a bag of ice so that its more dense, therefor, less bounce.

but yeah the wings were a little sloppy last night, not the usual redwing hockey. there was a lot of ppl throwing away the puck as soon as they got it... almost like they didnt want to get hit!

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,251 posts

Posted September 28, 2005 - 05:37 AM

And the Wings fall, 2-1, in the untelevised rematch in Denver. More importantly, Niklas Kronwall left the game after a hip check from Dan Hinote, which was apparently followed by a bit of a skirmish.

Not having been able to see the hit, I've got no idea how clean it was, but my first reaction is "Of course, what better way for a marginal checking-line forward to make an impression than to take out his team's bitter rival's best young defenseman."

Anyone actually see the game and know how bad it was? Anyone see any reports on the injury other than what's in the Freep?

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,251 posts

Posted September 28, 2005 - 12:35 PM

http://www.freep.com...00_20050928.htm

Looks like bad news coming about Kronwall.

#7 scooter13

scooter13

Site Donor

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted September 28, 2005 - 07:29 PM

Shoot! I finally get the NHL Center Ice package, and I was looking forward to seeing him play. I have heard so much about him. I sure hope it seems worse then it really is. Fortunately, like Chellie said in the article, he's young and in great shape. He has a great chance of recovering from a bad injury. It is just a shame.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,251 posts

Posted September 28, 2005 - 07:35 PM

The good news is that it's possible that Kronwall returns in six weeks. The bad news is that it's not likely.

Holland was just on the radio with the Columbus guys and said that if surgery isn't needed, he could be back in six weeks. If it is needed, could be out for the season. Damage was done to both the ACL and MCL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?