• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 02:13 PM

The Red Wings visit the Nashville Predators tonight in their last game before the Winter Classic on Wednesday, and they're getting healthy just in time.

Jimmy Howard will get the start in goal, returning from a knee injury.  Petr Mrazek will be his backup as Jonas Gustavsson has a sore groin.  Assuming Howard makes it through the game healthy, he's slated to start at Michigan Stadium.

Darren Helm will also return, which was all but assured yesterday when Luke Glendening was sent down to the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Johan Franzen remains sidelined with concussion symptoms, meaning today's lineup is likely what we'll see on Wednesday.

From Helene St. James, the forward lines will be as follows:

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Tatar

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Alfredsson

Abdelkader - Helm - Jurco

Miller - Andersson - Cleary

That leaves Eaves and Samuelsson as the healthy scratches.  Poor Eaves, not demoted to GR in time for tonight's game at Comerica Park and not expected to play at Michigan Stadium either.

Speaking of tonight's Griffins game, that's where I'll be so I don't know how much of the Wings game I'll catch.  Griffins start at 5:00 so theoretically I can get home for most of the Wings game but we'll see.

Stupid fact of the day: The Red Wings visit the Predators in their last game before the Winter Classic.  In the original 2012-13 schedule, they would have hosted the Predators in the first game after the Winter Classic.

Game time is 8:00 on FSD.

#2 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 08:12 PM

Here is another piece of history:

On this date in 1988, Steve Yzerman scored his 200th goal in a 4-3 loss to the Hartford Whalers.

Howard looks real good in his first stop of the evening.... :cursing:
Posted Image

#3 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 08:13 PM

Go Abbey!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#4 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 09:04 PM

Poor Ozzie... The guy is trying to do a broadcast and his boys keep blowing up his phone. You know Drapes and company are watching him on TV going "Dude, I'm going to call this guy" "Watch this!"
Posted Image

#5 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 09:14 PM

Really?
Posted Image

#6 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Sooooo, is it possible we've seen the best of Jimmie Howard (last year and the year before)?

#7 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 09:32 PM

This was the problem I had with him when he was at U Maine... When he is on he in ON... When he is in a slump or coming of an injury he is more of a liability vice serviceable goaltender.
Posted Image

#8 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 10:32 PM

Eaves said I'll show you a healthy scratch
Posted Image

#9 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 10:33 PM

He just hasn't had it this season...very disturbing. The Monster is injured?

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 10:45 PM

Missed the whole game.  Got home in time for the third but spent it switching gears for tomorrow.

Yes, Gustavsson is hurt.  Howard's (apparent, since I didn't see if but everyone says it was) bad night shouldn't keep him from starting the Winter Classic if Gustavsson is still out but you never know.

#11 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 11:25 PM

Yes, my reference was to Howard not being his best this year (not Eaves...I like Eaves)...were I coach, and Gustavsson were healthy, he would be my starter. I'm not a Jimmie basher, but for whatever reason, he is not a reliable stopper. Hope the prospects in GR ripen soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?