• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NorthStar

NorthStar

All-Star

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 03:48 PM

I wonder, what with the NHL playoffs modified for the top 4 seeds after the 2nd round is completed (divisional finals)? Will the Campbell Bowl and Wales Trophy still be presented or maybe be forgotten? I do have an idea, give the Campbell Bowl to the regular season Western Conference top team and the Wales Trophy to the regular season Eastern Conference top team? Or retire the 2 trophies?

*2010-11 Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves 18-3-0 1st Bobby Hull Division Champs, Jack Riley Trophy as top team in league, IHI finalists*2011-12 Xtreme Hockey International Winnipeg Braves 0-0-0 Bobby Hull Division

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,094 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 09:56 PM

In the end, the NHL didn't abandon the conferences as originally proposed.  The playoff champion of the two Western divisions will meet, the playoff champion of the two Eastern divisions will meet.  The Eastern Conference champion still gets the Prince of Wales Trophy, Western Conference gets the Campbell Bowl, then those teams meet in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Back when the realignment was originally proposed in 2011, I wrote what I thought should happen with the trophies.

#3 NorthStar

NorthStar

All-Star

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 12:09 PM

Except I read where the 4 winners after the 2nd round would be reseeded #1, #2, #3 and #4 based on regular season points? Might be of some interest and I dunno how the 2 trophies could be awarded somehow at the end of the 3rd round... would love some solid facts and maybe some form of confirmation from the NHL on this topic?

*2010-11 Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves 18-3-0 1st Bobby Hull Division Champs, Jack Riley Trophy as top team in league, IHI finalists*2011-12 Xtreme Hockey International Winnipeg Braves 0-0-0 Bobby Hull Division

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,094 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 10:30 PM

You may have read that because that's what they proposed in 2011.  It's not what they ended up implementing for this season.

Which is really too bad, it was my favorite part of the original realignment proposal.

#5 NorthStar

NorthStar

All-Star

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 10:50 PM

are ya serious? the Campbell and Wales trophies can still be presented to the winners after the 3rd round (Campbell Bowl to the Western Conference champs and Wales Trophy to the Eastern Conference champs) after all?? I wonder about that and would be interested to see if it is indeed for sure next year...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?