• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,105 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 03:25 PM

With Detroit having blown two consecutive chances to close out the Blackhawks after taking a 3-1 series lead, it's on to Game Seven tied 3-3.

The Wings are still looking to get their power play going, having scored only once with the man-advantage all series.  No lineup changes are expected, however.

Stupid stat(s) of the day: The Red Wings are 2-1 all-time on May 29.  They've played in one series-deciding game on the date, losing to Colorado in Game Six of the 1996 Western Conference Finals.

All-time the Red Wings are 14-9 in Game Seven, most recently dispatching the Anaheim Ducks in the first round.  When playing on the road in Game Seven, Detroit is 2-5.  One of those wins was in Chicago in 1964.

Game time is 8:00 PM on NBCSN.

#2 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 06:55 PM

Going to sit back, nurse a glass of wine, and let the drama unfold....GO WINGS!

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,105 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Wings giving me hope again.  I think I hate this.

#4 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 06:44 AM

Sorry to see the Wings' season end...the team gave us more than we expected and as much as we deserve, probably. I think Jimmy Howard emerged as a clutch goalie...youth was served...the vets showed heart and courage and leadership. And they didn't go quietly or meekly. I, personally, have no favorites among the remaining teams in the playoffs, but least favorite would have to be the Pens, followed (now) by the Hawks who proved themselves to be whiners, so for my money, I'd like to see a Bruins/Kings final. A plague on all their houses...?

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,105 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 10:47 PM

A plague on all their houses...?

Yeah, screw em all, I root for meteor.

#6 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 11:59 AM

Anybody watching the conference finals, besides me?  At risk of jinxing either Bruins or Kings, I hope they prevail in their efforts going forward (this after last night's thrilling 2OT B's win) if only to spare us the whinefest that a Pens-Hawks final would be!  The only good thing about seeing the Hawks play the Pens would be that ONE of them would LOSE!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?