• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 04:43 PM

The Red Wings and the Ducks face off in a deciding Game Seven in Anaheim tonight.

Detroit will be making one lineup change from Game Six, with Patrick Eaves swapping back into the lineup and Cory Emmerton swapping out.  This leaves the fourth line without a natural center, as Mikael Samuelsson practiced in between Eaves and Todd Bertuzzi.

Stupid stat of the day: As I mentioned on Friday, the Red Wings are 7-4 all-time in Game Seven after winning Game Six to force the deciding game.  The last time the Red Wings won a first-round Game Seven to advance to face the Blackhawks (as would be the case with a win tonight), Chicago swept them in the second round.

Game time is 10:00 PM on FSD.

#2 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 11:04 PM

Not wanting to count unhatched chickens, but I do feel that the Wings will give the Hawks a run for their money, should they be so fortunate as to survive this game now.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 06:44 PM

I go back and forth on that. Played them tight three of four games but that's not enough.

#4 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 12:00 PM

I like to believe that this team now is a better team than played the Blackhawks in the season. Also, Chicago does not play the style of hockey that usually frustrates the Wings in the playoffs...the Hawks are not especially big, nor are they especially mean. They are skilled, and the Wings will need to be firing on all cylinders to match their skill, but I can see it happening. I can imagine a breakout series for Franzen, see the rookies gaining firm footing when they aren't being pushed around so much. The keys are exactly what the team has been preaching: be fearless, be focused, leave it all on the ice, NO REGRETS. (I won't be heartbroken if they lose the series, stuff happens, but it is in the best interest of the growth of the team that they play well.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?