• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 03:29 PM

With their season on the line, the Red Wings host the Anaheim Ducks in Game Six of their Western Conference Quarterfinal matchup.

Following an overtime win in Game Five on Wednesday, the Ducks have a 3-2 series lead heading into tonight's game.  Detroit needs a win to send the series back for a Game Seven in Anaheim on Sunday.

The Red Wings will make two lineup changes from Game Five.  Suspended forward Justin Abdelkader returns to the lineup, taking his spot on the top line with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg.  This pushes Mikael Samuelsson down to the fourth line with Cory Emmerton and Todd Bertuzzi, with Patrick Eaves the odd-man out.

On the blue line, Carlo Colaiacovo swaps in for Brian Lashoff on the third pairing.

Stupid stat of the day: All-time the Red Wings are 11-12 in Game Six when down 3-2 in the series.  In the eleven times they've forced a Game Seven, they are 7-4 in the deciding game.

Game time is 8:00 PM on FSD.

#2 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 09:48 AM

I was at the game last night--lots of fun....(Makes up for the dreadful game vs. the Blackhawks in March)....At some point in the game, I felt that, win or lose, the Wings played well, could be proud of the effort (the "meltdown" notwithstanding). Our seats were in a row with a family of screaming Ducks fans, had to be a less than a handful in the whole arena...wishing I had a collection of signs, one saying "Ducks are Pond Scum"...disrespectful? Probably.

Also, I always hope that the players (in any sport, any market) DO NOT read the press or listen to brain-cell-killing sports talk radio.

And finally, I have to think that the league would love to see those 3 California teams in the next round to sort of seed the fan base in advance of next year's new alignment when the West has to make payroll without the help of the Wings putting fans in their arenas...just my observation, and I admit I haven't researched the stats on that...or maybe they really would like to see one last Red Wings/Black Hawks battle, which is my hope. Otherwise, the rest of the playoffs look pretty boring.

#3 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 10:57 AM

Also, regarding Eaves being pulled from the lineup last night...did I hear or did I dream a cryptic pronouncement from Coach that he, himself, didn't know why Patrick wasn't in the lineup? Or that maybe he knows something the rest of us don't? What does that mean? Is he hurt?

#4 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 11:27 AM

Ok...found the answer, I guess, to my Eaves question: Coach wanted to keep Samuelson and Bertuzzi in the lineup in case he needed one of them to step up if Cleary needed to sit a shift or two? I suppose....

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,279 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, I don't love the idea of keeping someone in the lineup who might not be well enough to play.  If Cleary can't go, he can't go.  But it sounds like they'll be making up or that mistake today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?