• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Coming off a relatively awful outing against the St. Louis Blues (in which they still managed to claim a point), the Red Wings host a streaking Anaheim Ducks team tonight.

The Ducks are 7-2-1 in their last ten games, sit second in the Western Conference, and rookie starting goalie Viktor Fasth is unbeaten with a 1.74 GAA and a .933 save percentage.

The Red Wings, meanwhile, get more beat up by the day.  Mikael Samuelsson will not be returning to the lineup tonight, as had been hoped earlier in the week, and an as-yet-unnamed other forward is possibly out tonight as well.  Gustav Nyquist has been called up from the Grand Rapids Griffins to fill in, with the injured Todd Bertuzzi going on IR to make room.

Jimmy Howard gets the start for the Wings.

Random stat: Detroit is 17-15-1 all time on February 15.  They last played on February 15 in 2009, a 6-5 shootout loss to Colorado.

Game time is 7:30 on FSD.

I'll be in and out of this one but will check in when I can.

#2 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 07:56 PM

So what's the injured return look like?  Who's out for how long?

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 08:18 PM

Think that means Bert is out at least ten days, retroactive to the last game he played.  So not much longer but they don't think he's getting better right now.  Lots of wait and see.

Missed the first but saw that Datsyuk was out via the NHLN ticker.  Awesome.

#4 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 08:24 PM

I guess the one good thing about this is that a lot of young guys are getting ice time.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Proving they're ready.  As I said on Twitter, I'd love to see Fil up on the top line and the Griffins line put together as the second line right now.  No need to have Cleary and Abdelkader playing in the top six right now.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Kronwall could have cut off that pass so easily.  Really p*sses me off.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 10:44 PM

Two thoughts following tonight's 5-2 loss to the Ducks tonight...

#1 - The Ian White broken stick giveaway that turned into the Ducks' second goal really does exemplify the Wings' season to this point.  Seems like things are under control, then some crazy thing you couldn't have planned for comes up and everything falls apart with no one able to pull it all back together.

#2 - If that play didn't exemplify the season, the game-winning goal would.  Great tip by Cogliano, for sure, but that pass never should have gotten to him.  Kronwall has to take away that passing lane, even if just by lying down.  Brutal defensive play; an inability to do the simple thing that ended up burning them.

That's all I've got.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?