• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,175 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 04:31 PM

Fifteen years and this is the first time I've gotten to write anything about a Red Wings vs. Jets game. Seems so odd.

Detroit hosts the former Atlanta Thrashers tonight, the only time the new version of the Winnipeg Jets play the Wings this season. The two teams will be a part of the to-be-renamed Conference B next season, though, so we'll be seeing a lot more of them.

Pavel Datsyuk, held out of the third period of Thursday night's win over the former Winnipeg Jets, will play tonight. In fact, no lineup changes are expected for the Wings.

Game time is 7:00 PM on FSD.

I've got tickets to this one and am heading out now so I expect to be pretty quiet. I'll check in when I can.

#2 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 07:16 PM

Well sh*t hahahahahaha. 35 seconds in.

Posted Image

#3 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 07:27 PM

Logged in just in time to see the Bert goal and the closie by Z. Wooohoo!!

#4 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 07:37 PM

WoooHooo ZZZZZ!!!!!

#5 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 08:12 PM

Huds!!!

#6 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 08:14 PM

Cleary!!! And the walls come a tumbling down!

One! Two!.... One, two, three, four!!!

#7 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 08:22 PM

Two BS calls right in a row...

#8 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 08:25 PM

That was a good goal.

Posted Image

#9 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 08:25 PM

And Flipper makes it 5-1. What a magic deceptive pass by Pasha!

#10 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 08:32 PM

This is getting out of control but no complaints hahaha.

Posted Image

#11 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 08:33 PM

It's Miller time! 6-1...!

#12 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 08:33 PM

Save some for the rest of the season boys!

#13 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 09:07 PM

Huds to Z and it's 7-1...

#14 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,175 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 12:54 AM

That's not the biggest rout I've ever been present for at the Joe, but the last time I saw Detroit beat a team by more than six goals, the original Winnipeg Jets were still in existence (a 7-0 Red Wings win over the Colorado Avalanche on March 22, 1996). If not for a bad goal early, tonight's win over the new Winnipeg Jets could have matched that.

And I will throw Jimmy Howard under the bus on the one goal against - it was a bad goal. True, Bryan Little got in behind the defense but Howard had plenty of time to get square to him. The shot wasn't so good that Howard could not be expected to stop it.

Thankfully, Howard had a much better game from there out and it ended up not mattering. I had been worried that the first goal would be a sign of what kind of game it would be, turns out that the second goal was much more of one.

Nicklas Lidstrom, long pass to Johan Franzen who goes into the corner to get it, pass back out front to Todd Bertuzzi to put home. Two things the Jets did wrong there that they just kept doing all night.

First, they let passes like that get through. Now it was a heads-up play by one of the top defensemen of all time, but Franzen had to race to get to that puck. Winnipeg had a chance to break things up right there.

Second, Bertuzzi was covered but not cancelled out in front of the net. Wings players were in high percentage areas all night tonight. Some of the goals that would come later were great shots but it's a lot easier to make those shots happen when they're uncontested.

Speaking of great shots, the wife pointed out midway through the game that the Wings must have gotten a memo about shooting high on Ondrej Pavelec. They seemed to be picking the corners on him with ease.

Detroit games against the Atlanta Thrashers always seemed to be a little crazy. This game was no exception.

#15 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 07:16 PM

I agree that Howard belongs under the bus for the first goal allowed. No matter how you look at it, that was sloppy play all around. At first I thought the game was going to be one in which the Wings looked as if they rolled out of the bar in a 'Varsity Blues" fashion. I'm happy they finally got it together however, there were bad mistakes and missed opportunities that there is absolutely no excuse for.

There are times when it seems like the whole team goes to sleep and I can't put my finger on why that is. Any ideas?
Posted Image

#16 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,175 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 02:54 PM

A Varsity Blues reference. Love it.

As for why the team comes out asleep, I have no idea. It absolutely p*sses me off when it happens, though. There's no excuse for it. When they wake up and make up for it, it's easy to look past a bad start, but in those games where they never wake up it's just painful to watch.

This was Tweeted and posted to the DH.N Facebook page earlier but my photos from this game have been posted. http://www.detroitho.../2011/12/10.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?