• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,168 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 03:44 PM

The Red Wings have announced a conference call at noon tomorrow featuring Ken Holland and Chris Osgood.

I have to think this means Osgood will be returning for one more season, as the team would not arrange a retirement announcement over the phone.

I've always been an Osgood fan, from that perspective I like the move (if it is what I think it is). If Ken Holland thinks Osgood is better than Ty Conklin at this point, I trust him. There aren't a lot of options out there right now and Osgood may very well be the best of them.

#2 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 05:38 PM

I have to agree. Why would Joey Mac have been signed to a two-way deal and dubbed "a little insurance" if Ozzie was not returning?

Unless Osgood is going to surprise everyone with a last minute decision (which I doubt he would go out overthe phone), he will be back for one more season.

This time next year is going to be very interesting and I am not looking forward to life post Nick.
Posted Image

#3 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 08:05 PM

This might be a dumb question, but I haven't kept up with things this summer. What's happening to Howard? Is he being sent down or is he going somewhere else?

Posted Image

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,168 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 10:02 PM

Howard is still our starter. This would put Osgood as the backup with MacDonald in Grand Rapids as #3 and McCollum/Pearce as 4A/B (2A/B in GR).

Edit: The Freep is saying Osgood will, in fact, return.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,168 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 05:03 AM

Wake up this morning and see that Khan says Osgood will retire. Looks like we may not have resolution to this one until noon.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,168 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 09:44 AM

Just tweeted this but figured I'd post it here, too.

In July 2001 we were talking about Osgood being done in Detroit. At the time, who thought we'd be doing it again ten years later?

#7 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 05:22 PM

I wasn't entirely a fan of Osgood but that's shocking. I mean he still had another year or two considering his age.

Posted Image

#8 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 10:45 PM

Now that this is in the books and we are looking to the future... who would you rather have backing up Howard?

Ty Conklin or Marty Turco?

Everybody is saying Conklin will be the one... but Turco still intrigues me a little bit.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,168 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 06:13 AM

Problem with Turco is that he could only play on the road. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?