• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 08:05 AM

Thoughts? Has anyone been watching the other series (besides me)? I've decided that trying to predict how any one team will do against any other based on games in which they are not playing each other is not possible. Still, it's tempting....

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 11:13 AM

I like that only one of the first four games will be a late game. Aside from that, I don't worry about picking poison.

#3 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 12:35 PM

I like that only one of the first four games will be a late game. Aside from that, I don't worry about picking poison.

Has a schedule been released then? We have a daytime game?

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 01:06 PM

No official schedule yet, they're just saying it's Friday, Sunday, Wednesday, Friday to start. Sunday being a 3:00 NBC game.

In theory, Game Five could be a Sunday afternoon game, too, avoiding another possible late night game.

#5 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 03:14 AM

What will happen in this series?

1) Howard gets steamrolled for 3+ GAA.
2) Clowe Dominates
3) Sharks checking line punishes wings
4) Wellwood shines as he's overlooked.
5) Thornton will dominate the puck
6) Ben Eager will have a significant impact.
7) Zetterberg and Franzen will not have much impact at all on offense for the first few games
8) Lidstrom will look outmatched and silly at times.

Sharks in 5 or 6

Sharks matchup very well vs the Wings and are better at almost every position, and have more depth.

Setoguchi > Hudler
Couture > Helm
Clowe > Cleary
Thornton/Heatley/Marleau >= Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Franzen
Niemi/Nittimaki > Howard/Macdonald
Murray = Stuart

Wings may be rested but they're D is still like butter most of the times. Slowest defense in the league. 2.5 GAA against a phoenix team with no snipers. Heatley, setoguchi, marleau, pavelski will bury their opportunities. This series should last longer than last year's matchup.

#6 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 05:42 PM

What will happen in this series?

1) Howard gets steamrolled for 3+ GAA.
2) Clowe Dominates
3) Sharks checking line punishes wings
4) Wellwood shines as he's overlooked.
5) Thornton will dominate the puck
6) Ben Eager will have a significant impact.
7) Zetterberg and Franzen will not have much impact at all on offense for the first few games
8) Lidstrom will look outmatched and silly at times.

Sharks in 5 or 6

Sharks matchup very well vs the Wings and are better at almost every position, and have more depth.

Setoguchi > Hudler
Couture > Helm
Clowe > Cleary
Thornton/Heatley/Marleau >= Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Franzen
Niemi/Nittimaki > Howard/Macdonald
Murray = Stuart

Wings may be rested but they're D is still like butter most of the times. Slowest defense in the league. 2.5 GAA against a phoenix team with no snipers. Heatley, setoguchi, marleau, pavelski will bury their opportunities. This series should last longer than last year's matchup.

Crap! If it's that bad, we lose in 4! There is no hope! (But it can't be that bad...that's why they play the games, as they say.)

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted April 29, 2011 - 08:40 AM

The Sharks do scare me, but the story going into the first round was that the Coyotes defense and goaltending were better than Detroit's and the Wings were injured. That worked out well enough. I'm not going to freak out until the Wings lose a home game.

#8 drwmike33

drwmike33

All-Star

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted April 29, 2011 - 11:55 AM

We need to walk away with game 1. I will say that. That's really going to set the tone for the rest of the games. If we come out rusty and too rested, it'll be a short series. If we come out swinging and full of energy, we have a shot.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?