• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 04:38 PM

It's the last home game of the regular season tonight as the Red Wings host the Blackhawks. In all honesty, though, I'd be content if the Wings could forfeit these last two games and not risk any more injuries heading into the playoffs.

Yeah, there's something to play for in the last weekend. Detroit could move up to the second seed with two more points than San Jose gets over the same timeframe. Given that Henrik Zetterberg's injury on Wednesday came on a seemingly-nothing play, though, I see no reason to risk it.

Chicago hasn't clinched a playoff spot yet, either, so they have a purpose. Chicago's drive and Detroit's desire to just get out in one piece don't match up well.

I know there are some Wings fans out there that would love to see Detroit sweep the weekend, which, coupled with a pair of Dallas wins, would knock the Blackhawks out of the playoffs. Just being pragmatic, I don't see it happening. Even if the Wings win tonight, I look at Sunday, in Chicago, with the season on the line for the defending champs, on national TV, against a Detroit lineup missing Zetterberg and Niklas Kronwall... That's made for the 'Hawks to win.

So I'm not reading much into these two games and kind of don't even want to watch. Just get them over with and get this team healthy.

#2 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 06:38 PM

I'm wondering if it was even worth it to get up at 0400 here to watch the game. Will it be some kind of gentlemen's agreement to let the Hawks get up by one goal and both teams skate the rest of the game in a Mexican standoff. Does that make any sense?

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 06:45 PM

I'm already feeling like I should ignore this game.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 06:47 PM

Nice chance from Abdelkader in front of the net.

#5 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 06:49 PM

We signed Howard for two years? Seriously?

#6 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 06:51 PM

I think I'm going back to bed.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 07:03 PM

I don't blame you. I may not watch the rest of this, I have work to do.

#8 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 07:06 PM

Well, I think I've had enough. That was an effortless powerplay. I'm going to make like the Wings and go back to sleep.

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 10:21 PM

All I wanted from this game happened: The Red Wings got out of this one without any more injuries.

Yeah, it'd've been nice to get more than that. It'd be nice if the Wings had actually played well. They're certainly not inspiring faith right now.

If they can turn it on for the playoffs, that doesn't matter. If they can't, they're toast no matter how they play right now 'cause they haven't been playing well for months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?