• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 05:08 PM

I might miss the start of this one so I'm kicking the thread off now. Quick notes...

Rafalski still out. Eaves still out. Osgood still out. Draper expected to be the healthy scratch up front with Abdelkader and Miller both in. Howard starts.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 08:49 PM

Got back from family dinner just as Franzen scored. He needed that.

But someone's gonna have to explain to me how the Phoenix goal was more allowable than the one that was called back on Detroit last game. Wow. What a f*cking joke.

#3 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,417 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 08:55 PM

Yeah.... Nick is now one point behind Yandle for the lead amongst defencemen. At thi point, I'll take what we can get!
Posted Image

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 09:15 PM

Jimmy with a hell of a stop. Holy Christ.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 09:34 PM

That's why you throw it out front. Need those bounces.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 09:40 PM

Just as my father-in-law was saying "And you know Helm can beat anyone."

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 09:41 PM

And now I head out into the snow to try to get home. Expect to miss the third.

#8 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 09:55 PM

Just got done with morning chow. How we looking?

#9 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,417 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 10:20 PM

I'm feeling a 5-3 game...
Posted Image

#10 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 10:34 PM

G## m$$%%f-ing d%%# it!

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 12:11 AM

I didn't see most of this game so I'm not going to say too much about it. Knowing the outcome, I'm not going back and watching it. Instead, my thoughts based on the reaction I'm seeing from elsewhere...

I don't care what Larry Murphy says, having Phoenix's first goal allowed one game after Detroit lost a goal for less is a joke. I want that explained to to me by someone who hasn't spent the last week explaining how great everyone the Red Wings have played against is.

That said, that goal did not cause Detroit's third period collapse so don't even try to blame the loss on it. There are people who already have. They're wrong.

The Wings looked awful in the second period. They only got six shots in the middle frame and it was a near-miracle that they managed to score twice. Valtteri Filppula's goal was a lucky (but earned) bounce and Darren Helm's was a great individual effort.

Sounds like that awfulness continued in the third, just without the lucky goal scoring. And at the other end they couldn't stop anything.

Allowed goalie interference in the first period doesn't cause a collapse in the third. Five PKs in the first 40 minutes don't allow three goals in the last 20.

The Wings didn't lose because of the refs, they lost because of themselves, just like every other loss as of late. They've got a three day break before three games in four nights. They'd better take advantage of it to get their act together.

#12 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 05:56 PM

Maybe this is what parity looks like...checking the scores around the league, it seems more true than ever that on any given day any given team can be defeated by any other given team. Plus, my vote goes for shortening the season by a month at least. The players are only human, extraordinary as they might be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?