• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,078 posts

Posted December 03, 2010 - 05:05 PM

It's the middle game of Detroit's three-game West Coast road trip tonight, as the Red Wings visit the Anaheim Ducks.

The only lineup change for the Wings is a minor one. Chris Osgood is back from his groin injury and will back up Jimmy Howard, with Joey MacDonald having been sent back to the Grand Rapids Griffins. Osgood is expected to get the start tomorrow in Los Angeles, a game which should also see Kris Draper make his season debut.

The Ducks are expected to be without forward Teemu Selanne. Jonas Hiller will get the start in goal and former Detroit defenseman Andreas Lilja will be a healthy scratch.

I'll be missing this one as I've got a company holiday party to go to. With the late start I might catch some of it on the radio on my way home so I'll check in as I can.

#2 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted December 03, 2010 - 10:18 PM

This happened a couple minutes ago, but that goal by Franzen was unexpectedly awesome.

Posted Image

#3 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 03, 2010 - 11:23 PM

Tracking the game again on the Red Wings event summary page only. My monthly minutes ran out on my USB modem so I can listen to Ken Kal right now.

How do we look?

HEY! Homer scored!

#4 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted December 03, 2010 - 11:26 PM

Looking even better now, it's 3-0 :)

And by that I mean score-wise.

Posted Image

#5 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted December 03, 2010 - 11:48 PM

Who is in net tonight?

#6 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted December 04, 2010 - 12:07 AM

Howard is!

Posted Image

#7 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted December 04, 2010 - 12:15 AM

And Filppula makes it 4-0 to end the game. That's a nice ending in my book :)

Posted Image

#8 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Posted December 04, 2010 - 10:54 AM

I would have reported live from the Honda Center except my cell phone died and I could not get on the Free-Wifi with my Ipod for some reason.

We had seats in row 11 right behind the Howie. Draper and Kindl took the pregame skate and Drapes looks like he is just about back in game form.

I saw more Wings jerseys than anything else however, the people at the Honda Center need a few lessons in jersey etiquette:

1. You never wear a jersey with your name on it

2. You never wear a jersey for a team that is not playing (this includes ball caps, etc) College jerseys are acceptable only if they are for one of the players on the ice, i.e a Jimmy Howard U Maine jersey)

3. You never wear a Wings jersey with a Brewers (baseball) cap.

4. You never wear a Rangers jersey into the team store and buy a Ducks jersey to put over it.

5. And for God's sake, if you are going to the 97-98 Believe patch, know the story behind it and don't say I bought it because it looked cool!

I was concerned with their play in the second period mainly because the SOG was 12 to 27. They also looked lazy once they had a two goal lead, had several giveaways (especially Kronner) and Ericsson looked lost and very uncoordinated about 50 percent of the time. They made up for it in the third period, I will give them that much although they need to realize they can't play that "come out strong in the third" style of hockey that we have seen over the years during the playoffs.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?