• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,105 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:37 PM

Khan says that the Wings' forward lines will look as follows for tonight's matchup against the Oilers:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Hudler-Filppula-Franzen
Bertuzzi-Modano-Cleary
Abdelkader-Helm-Miller

Aside from the first line, I'm not thrilled about any of those changes. Of course, the first line wasn't changed so maybe I'm wording that wrong but you get my point.

As Saler mentioned, Jiri Hudler is being given a lot of chances to find his game. Three lines that were clicking were broken up to give him that chance so it'd better be worth it.

I'll be missing most of this one as my horribly-scheduled soccer season wraps up. A 7:50 game means I should be back in front of the TV with about 15 minutes left in the third. Sweet.

#2 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 08:11 PM

It's 3-0 Wings with two minutes left, and none of those goals are from Hudler. At least something's working with all the line switches?

Posted Image

#3 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 08:34 PM

Dan Cleary just scored another goal, except this one was way cooler than the first.

Mike Modano did not score on his penalty shot.

Posted Image

#4 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 09:51 PM

Edmonton just scored again giving them two goals, but it does not matter because there's no way they can score four goals to catch up in the next minute.

Posted Image

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,105 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 09:54 PM

At least something's working with all the line switches?

Sounds like it. By the time I caught up with things, the game was well in hand, but Ken Kal and Paul Woods were talking about how solid the new lines were.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,105 posts

Posted November 12, 2010 - 09:27 AM

Quick thoughts on Thursday night's 6-2 win over the Edmonton Oilers...

Those new lines worked out pretty well, eh? I was especially worried about Todd Bertuzzi but he was all over the place. As was Justin Abdelkader, but I think that's becoming expected.

Tomas Holmstrom's goals were typical Homer goals, mucking it out in front of the goal.

Jimmy Howard looked solid but I think he had his usual trouble controlling rebounds. It bit the Wings on the ass on Dustin Penner's goal, not that the goal mattered.

Pavel Datsyuk's hit on Penner in the third? Fun.

Mike Modano's penalty shot attempt was a decent shot that I don't think he put where he wanted to. Quick shot, on Khabibulin fast, but fired right into his pad.

Obviously a very good game overall. Not much more you can ask for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?