• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,393 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 03:06 PM

The Detroit Red Wings announced this afternoon that Chris Osgood will start in net tonight as they host the Phoenix Coyotes

Jimmy Howard had been slated to start but suffered back spasms following the morning skate. General manager Ken Holland said he was being kept out of the lineup as a precaution.

Joey MacDonald was called up from the Grand Rapids Griffins to serve as Osgood's backup.

To make room for MacDonald, injured forward Kris Draper was moved from the short-term injured reserve to long-term IR, with defenseman Brian Rafalski being placed on STIR.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,393 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 05:12 PM

For the record, I'll be joining this one late again, soccer at 6:50.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,393 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 09:13 PM

Wow, quiet night.

Chris Osgood is gonna take a lot of blame for this loss - and he should, to a certain extent - but the Phoenix empty-net goal p*sses me off so I put the blame for killing Detroit's chance at tying things up on Niklas Kronwall.

Your team started slow (again) and had to battle back to get within one. You've got the extra attacker and you lucked into a timeout when the Coyotes had to take one after an icing. You've got possession at your own blue line and what do you do? Flub a cross-ice pass, giving away the puck for an easy shot into the empty net.

That's not lack of skill. It's not a bad break. It's a stupid mistake.

It's also indicative of what's been wrong with the Red Wings even while they've been winning. The talent is there, obviously; they just find ways to screw things up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?