• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 06:55 PM

Mike Modano makes his return to Dallas tonight as the Red Wings visit the Stars. It'll be the first time a Stars team that Modano wasn't a part of ever takes the ice in Dallas and he'll be lined up across from them as the third line is slated to start.

Also starting: Chris Osgood, who traditionally does very well against Dallas. Being superstitious, I don't like how much the media was making of that when it was announced.

Kari Lehtonen gets the start for the Stars, the first time he's faced the Wings since being moved to Dallas last spring.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 07:42 PM

Phantom penalty, Stars score. Hrm.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 08:04 PM

Franzen caught right in the face. Not a bad hit, not totally clean, but right in the face.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 08:35 PM

Three guys there, no one covering Eriksson, sweet.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 08:48 PM

Christ... Way to go, Stuie.

#6 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted October 15, 2010 - 02:02 AM

That game was likely one of the least enjoyable wings game in a few years....

Last two games really showed wings flaws.. aged blueline, lack of speed, and subpar goaltending.

If these past two games were any indicators of whats to come then phoenix should win 5-2 this weekend. Dallas, Colorado, and phoenix are very similar in that they're young and fast all around.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 15, 2010 - 08:03 AM

I'll admit that I turned the game off after the second period and was barely paying attention after it went to 3-0.

I can't stand watching sloppy hockey and for two games in a row, that's what the Red Wings have played. Poor coverage in their own end, lazy passes leading to turnovers in the neutral zone, no forecheck.

I'm not even going to really talk about goaltending 'cause I'm biased by being p*ssed at my own efforts in goal a couple hours before Chris Osgood took to the ice in Dallas. He and I had similar games - at least one we wanted back and a couple where we wondered what our defense was doing.

The second Dallas goal is the one that describes the game as a whole, to me. Loui Eriksson, surrounded by Red Wings, no one close enough to actually cover him. Detroit was just off all night.

Unless, of course, they were great in the third. I feel safe assuming they didn't turn it around, despite Niklas Kronwall's power play goal.

And it wouldn't be a ridiculous Red Wings loss without an injury. Johan Franzen thinks he'll miss a week with a concussion. Mike Babcock says to wait for the doctor to determine that.

So right now we're at Franzen, Brian Rafalski, Justin Abdelkader and Kris Draper. Abdelkader could possibly return Saturday, thankfully, negating the need to call anyone up from Grand Rapids to fill Franzen's spot on the roster.

If the Wings turn things around, this two-game hiccup will be nothing. They happen from time to time. This early in the season, though, they look awful.

#8 DetroitRiver

DetroitRiver

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted October 16, 2010 - 12:16 AM

Well, let's just hope these two games are a hicup. Where's the built-up "anger" and "energy" the Wings were talking about during the off-season and training camp?

If this turns into endemic malaise, I'm going to start throwing sandbags up in the air and let them drop on my head. That would feel better...

#9 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 02:51 AM

Looks like the wings showed that built up anger in this past game vs. coyotes on 11/8/10 with some downright domination at times near the end of the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?