• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 07:19 PM

Another day spent building my deck, another night with the Wings facing elimination. Let's hope this one goes as well as my last deck-building day.

After being declared good to go for tonight's game immediately after Game Four, Brad Stuart has been downgraded to "possible." Patrick Eaves is out again with a hyper-extended elbow.

I've got nothing else. We all know what's on the line here.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 09:03 PM

Stuart in, Lebda also in as Ritola is out.

#3 NorthStar

NorthStar

All-Star

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 09:24 PM

Wonder if the Red Wings can come back against SJ?? I dunno if it would be possible, however what with SJ's past playoff stuff and choking badly.. anything can happen right? Will see after the game is over tonite...
*2010-11 Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves 18-3-0 1st Bobby Hull Division Champs, Jack Riley Trophy as top team in league, IHI finalists*2011-12 Xtreme Hockey International Winnipeg Braves 0-0-0 Bobby Hull Division

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 09:28 PM

I guess they are still calling interference.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 09:48 PM

Far too many turnovers in the first. Not good enough on faceoffs, either. But can't complain too much about a period where you kill 3:30ish of penalty time and come out tied.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 10:06 PM

Hell yes. And O'Halloran has nothing to say about it.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 10:09 PM

Right call but I'm not happy about Helm getting tripped with no call.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 10:10 PM

Of course.

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 10:12 PM

Might be their only power play, have to score here.

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 10:15 PM

Jesus...

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 10:54 PM

Second period was quite a bit better. More time in the San Jose zone. Helped by a few power plays, of course. The Wings need to be scoring on those.

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 11:01 PM

Jimmy had better come up big here.

#13 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 11:01 PM

Thank gog...

#14 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 11:08 PM

No f*cking call?! Of course the Sharks score after that.

#15 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 11:34 PM

*sigh*

In the end, I'm proud of this team's effort, which is all I've ever asked for.

#16 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 11:35 PM

*sigh*

I like this response!

I'm actually not that upset about this, which surprises me. Now I will cheer on Vancouver or the Habs! Decisions, decisions.

Posted Image

#17 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 11:38 PM

I like this response!

I'm actually not that upset about this, which surprises me. Now I will cheer on Vancouver or the Habs! Decisions, decisions.

Oh, I'm sure as hell upset. That just doesn't do any good. And I'm sure as hell not rooting for anyone else from here on out.

#18 Datsukian

Datsukian

Grinder

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted May 09, 2010 - 12:09 AM

*sigh*

I like this response!

Of course your not upset, its been appearent since the start of this series, San Jose, owned by the NHL would win. I have not seen such a unfairly called series.... well ever. If anyone has any questions about sports fixing just type in "NHL and Mafia" into your search engine. It's a shame the NHL is now the new boxing, but hey thats what it is. Talent just does'nt matter anymore. And I know it's coming so here it is, the wings did'nt play as well as they could, we did take some bad penalties, but when the national announcers begin to say WTF, somethings wrong. Don't buy anything that supports the NHL, and Bet-Man, buy knock-offs, or just give up the NHL. Spend that time on your kids team.

http://thenhlarena.c...showtopic=42839

#19 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,107 posts

Posted May 09, 2010 - 01:42 AM

I've been having a hard time coming up with the words to match my thoughts about the Red Wings' ouster from the playoffs at the hands of the San Jose Sharks.

As I said earlier, I'm proud of the team's effort tonight. I haven't always been. I didn't like the way they seemingly went to sleep in Game Three (or several games in the Phoenix series, for that matter) but tonight that wasn't the case. They weren't at the top of their game tonight but it certainly wasn't a case of lack of effort.

If you're looking for something to blame, one big thing sticks out but - as is often the case no matter what gets reported - it's not the only thing.

The Red Wings had four power plays and failed to score. For the first time, power play opportunities were completely even and Detroit's failure to take advantage left them coming up short.

Their offense in general wasn't enough. You can't expect to win games in which you only score one goal. Evgeni Nabokov came up big a couple times but if you deserve to advance you find a way to solve the opposing goalie.

Turnovers absolutely killed the Wings tonight. There were stretches of time where they simply could not clear their own zone, and you can't win a game if you're playing in your own end. The game-winning goal came off of a turnover. Brian Rafalski lost the puck and it ended up in the net.

That said, about the GWG...

It never should have happened. Rafalski never should have had a chance to lose the puck because the previous faceoff shouldn't have been in the Detroit end.

On the preceding play, Douglas Murray clearly threw an elbow to Johan Franzen's head from the blind side and after Franzen had passed the puck off. The kind of hit that the NHL made a big deal about wanting to get out of the game. And no call was made. Instead of a power play and a faceoff in the San Jose end, Jimmy Howard had to make a stop as the Sharks took it back down, then the faceoff in the Wings' zone and the Rafalski turnover.

I know, tinfoil hat Red Wings fan means I'm just blaming the refs, despite the four paragraphs before the previous three.

I'm not happy with how the season ended and I don't have to be, but I feel better about it than I did last year. Last year the Red Wings did not appear to put forth their best effort when it mattered most. This year their best wasn't enough and there's not much you can do about that.

As per usual, I'll probably take a break from writing for awhile now. If any Red Wings news comes up I'll post it but I won't be covering much of the remaining playoffs. Like many have said happened to the Wings, I've also run out of gas. I'd rather be watching my team advance but there's a part of me that likes the idea of having about 12 extra hours of free time each week.

I'll probably do a season review / offseason preview sometime soon. It's important to remember that no matter how this season ended, the Wings will be back next year.

#20 sjsharks

sjsharks

Rookie

• Previewing
  • 1 posts

Posted May 09, 2010 - 03:20 PM

All the Detroit fans are crying about the Hit on Franzen. If you look back at it the hit was a clean shoulder to shoulder hit and Franzen tried to play it out. I agree it should have been an interference penalty but by no means was it dirty. Now on the other had what about the Elbow to Murrys face that made his nose and lips bleed no call what about the cross check to Nicoles Face no call what about the Elbow to Pavelskis face that knocked out his tooth are they not dirty hits? You Red wings fans always cry when somethings happens to you and make up excuses. Look at the facts the Sharks were just the better team. You were out played plain and simple with the exception of 1 game. So stop crying about the hit on Franzen cause look back at the replay and see it was not a head shot. Detroit has played dirty for years and thats why they have been so successful but there time has come back to bite them. Stop crying and give respect where it is do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?