• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 08:52 AM

The Red Wings have the chance to finish off the Coyotes at home this afternoon and avoid a trip back to Glendale for a deciding Game Seven, so we're on to the third consecutive virtual must-win for Detroit.

While earlier this series a Phoenix fan accused me of not respecting the Coyotes, Fox Sports Arizona (via Malik) says a Coyotes win today would be fate, evening out a similarly-fated Detroit win on Friday. While I might have given more credit to the Wings' Game Three loss to Detroit's failure to show up than to Phoenix's play, at least I based my opinion on what happened on the ice rather than on destiny.

The Red Wings flew home yesterday and immediately practiced, hoping to avoid the slow start that doomed them a week ago. The Coyotes took part in off-ice workouts.

Detroit's lineup will remain unchanged for Game Six, including Dan Cleary and Tomas Holmstrom switching back and forth between the first and fourth lines throughout the game. Phoenix captain Shane Doan's status for the game is still unknown.

Game time is the ever-annoying 2:00. I may be forced to miss part of this 'cause I've got furniture being delivered sometime during the game. Hopefully by the end I'm celebrating a Detroit win on a new couch, rather than wanting to burn a new couch for being bad luck.

#2 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 01:10 PM

I agree with you on the ever annoying 2:00 games because its 11:00 our time and really screws up the afternoon, hopefully your new couch comes in handy for the celebration. :)

I loved the youtube video BTW... I think that is the truth!

My only comment about this game at the moment is no game seven!

Side note: It will be interesting to see what happens to Hossa, especially since Kronner was tossed for less two years ago.
Posted Image

#3 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 01:26 PM

I find it hilarious that every shot on goal is being described as "A SCORCHER!" I wish I could imitate the commentator's voice.

Posted Image

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 01:27 PM

Jesus mother f*cking christ. Lazy, lazy play.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 01:29 PM

They called the hook? I would have gone with the slash.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 01:32 PM

That much power play time and the Wings didn't get a single good rebound chance, didn't get a single screened shot. Every single one of those was straight through to Bryzgalov.

#7 scout6

scout6

Rookie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 01:36 PM

Lazy passes and lack of puck awareness. Giving up the puck 4 times in our end in the first 10.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 01:57 PM

Obviously not thrilled with the score (or, as I said earlier, the lack of quality chances on the power plays) but I think the Wings are moving well and moving the puck well. This could very easily be a different game right now.

Of course, that alone should be terrifying. The Wings have the tendency to lose games they should win.

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 01:58 PM

Lazy passes and lack of puck awareness. Giving up the puck 4 times in our end in the first 10.

Agreed. They got a bit better but it bit them in the ass early.

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 02:17 PM

Knew that was gonna be a problem when the Wings didn't clear.

PK streak is over.

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 02:18 PM

Right back f*cking in it! Needed that.

#12 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 02:22 PM

Kind of ironic they post that stat right before the streak ends.
Posted Image

#13 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 02:36 PM

Coyotes get their three consecutive power plays to even the penalties up and they take advantage. That's what Detroit failing to score earlier did.

#14 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 02:43 PM

Another afternoon game, another Detroit clusterf*ck...

#15 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 02:54 PM

I have faith that the Wings can still win this but not the way they played that period. So, so inconsistent.

#16 catmandu

catmandu

Grinder

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 03:32 PM

Game Three...
Who are you and why are you so perky?

#17 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 03:37 PM

Not that it matters, but bullsh*t on the double-roughing call. Yandle hit Abdelkader in the face first.

#18 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 03:42 PM

Next three goals are huge? f*ck...

#19 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 03:53 PM

I'll rant more later but a couple initial thoughts...

Andreas Lilja and Jonathan Ericsson were out for a lot of the game's final minutes. Combined with Jimmy Howard being left in makes me think Mike Babcock was not going for the win. That kind of p*sses me off.

I've heard from a Coyotes fan after every Phoenix win so far, don't disappoint me now, guys.

Highly disappointed in the Detroit effort today. Absolutely offensive.

#20 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 04:48 PM

Highly disappointed in the Detroit effort today. Absolutely offensive.

I didn't have the opportunity to watch the game today, but I what I heard from both the radio guys and Mickey and the team in the postgame was that it wasn't a 2-5 game, just as game 5 wasn't a 4-1 game. The pundits and players seemed to agree that puck luck escaped them/they didn't "get the bounces". Babcock said he was only disappointed that they didn't win...thought they played well enough to win...maybe he was only protecting his own backside. (Mickey also said that Holland had fought vigorously to avoid these afternoon games coming off a road trip...pointed out that Detroit will have spent more time in the air in one series that any Eastern Conference team will in the whole tournament up to the finals. Hey, I've got an idea...why don't the ETZ teams each take a year's turn playing in the Western Conference...that would be FAIR!) They've played well in Glendale, and the Detroit fans actually stay for the whole game there, so I have hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?