• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 10:34 PM

The National Hockey League released the first-round schedule for the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Sunday night.

Despite the wishes of their coach and general manager, the Detroit Red Wings will open in Phoenix against the Coyotes on Wednesday, April 14.

The two teams will play again on Friday, April 16, in Phoenix before the series shifts to Detroit on Sunday, April 18.

The full schedule is as follows (all times Eastern):

April 14 - @ Phoenix - 10:00 PM (Versus)
April 16 - @ Phoenix - 10:00 PM (Versus)
April 18 - @ Detroit - 3:00 PM (NBC)
April 20 - @ Detroit- 6:30 PM (FSD)
April 23 - @ Phoenix - 10:00 PM (Versus)
April 25 - @ Detroit- 2:00 PM (NBC)
April 27 - @ Phoenix - TBD (FSD)

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 10:43 PM

Now that the opinion-neutral post is out of the way...

I don't think anyone can be surprised that the Wings asked for a Thursday start and got a Wednesday one. As I posted over at Malik's, this has NBC's fingerprints all over it. They saw that chance for an afternoon Game Three in Detroit and couldn't resist.

Two of the possible three Detroit home games are those afternoon games that I hate so much. The games in Phoenix all start in the middle of the damned night. All but two of the games in the series are national broadcasts.

Phoenix rides a hot goalie and is the story of the year. They're owned by the league itself.

Basically, everything I hate in hockey has been rolled up into one little series here. Fantastic.

#3 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted April 14, 2010 - 01:01 AM

phoenix in 6 games, theyll surprise the wings with their speed and goaltending. Remember who else the wings face in the series besides the Coyotes. Think back to 09 finals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?