• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,388 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 03:21 PM

The Red Wings make their final home appearance of the regular season tonight as they host the Columbus Blue Jackets in the first game of a home-and-home matchup. The Wings will not return home until Game 3 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals, though their opponent has yet to be determined.

Andreas Lilja will jump back into the Detroit lineup, joining Jonathan Ericsson on the third defensive pairing. Jimmy Howard returns to the crease after Chris Osgood got the start on Sunday in Philadelphia.

Columbus could be without captain and leading scorer Rick Nash. He will be a gametime decision.

I'll be at this game so I may or may not be able to check in with my thoughts.

The Western Conference playoff teams are decided at this point but their spots are all up in the air.

The San Jose Sharks sit in first place but are only two points up on the Chicago Blackhawks, with the 'Hawks having a game in hand.

The Vancouver Canucks are locked into the third spot, unable to catch Chicago or San Jose but having clinched the Northwest Division.

The Phoenix Coyotes sit fourth with 102 points. If Phoenix wins any of their three remaining games they'll clinch that spot, otherwise they could be caught by the Nashville Predators or Los Angeles Kings. Detroit could tie them in points but would have fewer wins.

Nashville sits four points back of Phoenix with two games left. The Predators could finish anywhere from fourth to eighth, as the Kings, Red Wings, and Colorado Avalanche can all surpass them in the right circumstances.

Los Angeles is in the same boat as Nashville, able to finish from fourth to eighth. The Red Wings can drop to eighth but only move up to fifth, same as the Avalanche.

#2 Johnny Polaris

Johnny Polaris

Power Forward

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 03:50 PM

Kinda wierd with all these scenarios. Usually we're just sittin back waiting to see how everyone else will finish. I'm hoping for a Yotes matchup myself, if only so my brother in Scottsdale and I can rag on each other. As long as the raggin is more outgoing than incoming.

#3 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 08:56 PM

As soon as I got home and turned the game on the Wings scored 3 times. I feel like I have contributed to this win hahahaha.

Posted Image

#4 baggss

baggss

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 09:55 PM

Yeah, 3 goals in 1:16, that was pretty phenomenal....

Posted Image

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,388 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 10:25 PM

As soon as I got home and turned the game on the Wings scored 3 times. I feel like I have contributed to this win hahahaha.

In these trying times we all have to do our part.

My part was breaking out the Dan Cleary Winter Classic jersey, leading to him getting the GWG. Me and the other guy in a Cleary jersey knew what we were doing.

#6 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,381 posts

Posted April 08, 2010 - 07:46 AM

I watched the Kronwall Amazing video on youtube before the puck dropped.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?