• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 09:22 AM

Chris Osgood makes his first start since January today as the Red Wings visit the Philadelphia Flyers.

Philadelphia is fighting for a playoff spot while the Red Wings have virtually locked up theirs. Detroit is, however, battling with the LA Kings and Nashville Predators for positioning.

The Predators moved to two points up on the Wings with yesterday afternoon's overtime win in Detroit. The Red Wings have two games in hand on Nashville, one of which is today.

The Kings lost in a shootout last night, keeping them one point back of Detroit.

The Phoenix Coyotes are nearly out of reach in fourth place in the Western Conference, six points up on Detroit with four games remaining. The Colorado Avalanche are holding down eight spot, seven points back with five games left. Calgary is tied with Colorado with one fewer game remaining.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 11:40 AM

Well that's not gonna quiet the Osgood bashers down.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 11:50 AM

Four on two. That's new.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 12:01 PM

Welcome back, Danny. With the puck bouncing so much that's the kind of goal that'll be needed today.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 12:07 PM

Hell of a shot there, golfing it in. Boucher is not good enough to handle sustained pressure.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 12:18 PM

So was that the Wings "starting slow" like usual and now they're good or is this gonna be a knock-down drag out kind of game?

#7 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 01:04 PM

I have one request... KRONWALLED! Is that too much to ask?
Posted Image

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 01:06 PM

Why play defense?

#9 foster016

foster016

Grinder

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 01:12 PM

Our D needs to stop chasing. Led to their 4th goal.

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 01:25 PM

Our D needs to stop chasing. Led to their 4th goal.

Not just the fourth goal, probably three or four of the last five (going back to yesterday).

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 01:31 PM

Great shot by Pavs but Boucher should have had it.

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 02:00 PM

Better third but not enough.

#13 baggss

baggss

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 03:00 PM

That was just a disappointing game.

Seems like Detroit showed up about 10 minutes late right off the bat. Playing a Goalie that hasn't played in what, 3 months, when you need 1 point to clinch a playoff spot doesn't seem like the worlds best strategy. Yeah, Ozzys a good goalie but a lot rested on this game. Right now Colorado and Calgary and have 1 and 2 games in hand on us respectively. Both are playing today but we could find ourselves fighting for our lives in Chicago next Sunday and end up in 9th. This could have been a done deal today but admittedly it's not all Ozzys fault. Lets hope this doesn't bite us in the ass in a week.

EDIT: Maybe not. The NHL site now shows #6 Det and #7 LA as having clinched playoff spots....

Posted Image

#14 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 07:49 PM

I think a lot of people will fault Ozzie for the first goal but at least two of the other three fall as much (if not more) on lack of defensive coverage.

Calgary's loss did clinch a playoff spot for Detroit, though, so now it's all about positioning. Part of me is terrified of playing the NHL-owned team so with the Coyotes pretty much locked in to the #4 seed finishing fifth isn't such a big deal. That said, sixth means a hell of a lot of travel since it'd be a matchup with #3 Vancouver.

Chicago is the only team I really want to play right now but I don't want the Wings to slide that far down. It's a weird position to be in at this time of year.

#15 baggss

baggss

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted April 05, 2010 - 02:12 AM

I'd like to see the Wings matched up with the Coyotes in the first round, but for purely selfish reasons. A good buddy of mine is HUGE Coyotes fan and not living that far from PHX I'd get to see some Wings playoff action. I saw some last year in Anaheim in the second round. Who knows, maybe I'll get to see Det play LA or PHX in the second round this year...

Glad to see the Wings made it for a 19th second season. Lets hope it's a fruitful one.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?