• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,104 posts

Posted December 31, 2009 - 01:10 PM

The Red Wings host the Colorado Avalanche in Detroit's annual New Years' Eve matchup tonight.

Patrick Eaves will be out with the flu so Ville Leino will return to the lineup after missing one game as a healthy scratch. Mattias Ritola remains with the Wings.

Jimmy Howard gets the start after allowing only one goal in Sunday's overtime loss to Columbus.

I'll likely miss this one as I'm battling plumbing problems today and have in-laws on the way over. Fantastic timing.

#2 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted December 31, 2009 - 09:05 PM

So far it looks like we are doing pretty good!
Posted Image

#3 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted December 31, 2009 - 09:11 PM

And now Homer is called for cross-checking... Great!
Posted Image

#4 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted December 31, 2009 - 09:14 PM

Great... now tied at 2
Posted Image

#5 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted December 31, 2009 - 09:20 PM

Leino!!!!!
Posted Image

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,104 posts

Posted December 31, 2009 - 09:36 PM

I caught the second and third. Looks like a mostly solid game from the Wings. Lots of weird penalties and the Avs get two PPG from it. Was gonna go apesh*t if they had tied it on the last one.

#7 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted January 01, 2010 - 10:58 AM

I caught the second and third. Looks like a mostly solid game from the Wings. Lots of weird penalties and the Avs get two PPG from it. Was gonna go apesh*t if they had tied it on the last one.

We were there with the family. It was a great game...the Wings were called for several phantom penalties (seemed to me), and you know for a ref to call anything in the last 2 minutes of a game (USUALLY) it has to be a serious misdemeanor. I totally agreed with Mickey's call (managed to catch parts of the replay) that the Av player fricking fell down. The refs were stretching (to find something to call), if you ask me. The Wings were on their game, for sure, for the most part.

On the other hand, I have to say that of the several opposing teams we've seen this year, the Avalanche are as entertaining to watch (or more) than any.

#8 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted January 01, 2010 - 01:21 PM

It was a great game...the Wings were called for several phantom penalties (seemed to me), and you know for a ref to call anything in the last 2 minutes of a game (USUALLY) it has to be a serious misdemeanor. I totally agreed with Mickey's call (managed to catch parts of the replay) that the Av player fricking fell down. The refs were stretching (to find something to call), if you ask me. The Wings were on their game, for sure, for the most part.

I agree completely!

I thought it was a good game, but I missed the first period! And some of the penalties were starting to get a tad ridiculous.

And whoever does the closed captions for FSN finally figured out how to spell 'Ville Leino'. How exciting :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?