• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted October 24, 2009 - 06:04 PM

The Red Wings continue their road trip tonight against the Colorado Avalanche. Both teams will use lineups different from last Saturday's game between the two teams at Joe Louis Arena, where the Avs picked up a 4-3 shootout win.

The Wings will start Jimmy Howard in net, giving him his first start since the second game of the season. Justin Abdelkader is out of the lineup in favor of Patrick Eaves while either Brad May or Kirk Maltby will join Darren Helm to round out the fourth line.

Colorado is without Darcy Tucker (concussion) and Cody McLeod (eye). Craig Anderson gets the start in goal.

Game time is 9:00. I'll likely miss the start of this one but hope to join in later on.

#2 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted October 24, 2009 - 09:06 PM

Awesome! Draper got a goal :lol:

Posted Image

#3 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted October 24, 2009 - 09:24 PM

And the Avs just scored.

Posted Image

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted October 24, 2009 - 09:46 PM

I had to listen to part of the second on Avs radio. The Wings should mail me some tickets for that kind of dedication, that guy's a f*cking cheerleader and nothing else. But the Wings must be kicking all kinds of ass, 'cause every save Anderson made was exceptional.

#5 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted October 24, 2009 - 10:02 PM

Bertuzzi has been playing well tonight. And he just hit the goal post.

I never would have believed if someone told me two seasons ago that Bertuzzi would work harder than some of the other Wings now. I probably would have laughed at them :lol:

Posted Image

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted October 24, 2009 - 10:08 PM

Yeah, Bert looks good again. He's gotta put those in the net though.

#7 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Ahhh, damn. Now that sucks :/

Posted Image

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Jesus, Howard. Seriously?

#9 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted October 24, 2009 - 10:13 PM

Were they chanting "Red Wings suck"? What nice people.

Posted Image

#10 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted October 24, 2009 - 10:27 PM

I honestly don't know what to think about them the last few games.

Posted Image

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted October 24, 2009 - 10:32 PM

I realized with about four minutes left that, right now, I have no faith in this team's ability to come from behind.

And that last goal was a joke, two seconds should have been put back on the clock after Zetterberg got tossed from the faceoff, which means Stastny would still have been in the box rather than getting the puck behind the Detroit defense.

#12 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted October 25, 2009 - 03:04 AM

It seems like Wings are in game 72 of the season, Avs just played last night but still couldnt beat them in their second of a back2back.

Alot of holding, hesitating, and NOT shooting the puck at right times but instead holding onto it for mediocre wrist shots. Rarely do any of our forwards take slap shots or take quick snap shots because they've played that way their whole career. Which is why a sniper like shanny or hossa (whom the type of player we don't have now that Franzen is out) could light up the lamp on wings teams of the past.

As for penalty killing, seems as though wings are improving by creating more pressure on the puck carriers.

Howard looked good.

Bertuzzi makes some good plays but majority of time hell just pile himself into players to make it seem as though he put an effort into it, he can't really stop on the ice, just a big beast floating around.

Bounces also not going wings way right now.

I feared this first month for wings (Sweden +road trip), so far its going worse than I thought.

Still a LONG season left to go.

I HIGHLY doubt Avs can sustain the success, they could get a decent seed in postseason.

I started watching Wings in '95-96 and the only worse drought I've seen the Wings in before was near the end of the 07-08 season where Ericcson was first called up and they lost like 9 of 10 games. I guess it just goes to show how GREAT the WINGs have been for so long that just a few losses becomes striking to me.

Theres a rant^

#13 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted October 25, 2009 - 03:15 AM

Another note to add, That Stewart goal for Avalanche is a type of goal I could only see a player like Maltby, Draper, or Franzen doing. Nobody else throws pucks at the net like that on the wings while on the rush.

#14 catmandu

catmandu

Grinder

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted October 25, 2009 - 08:45 AM

I realized with about four minutes left that, right now, I have no faith in this team's ability to come from behind.

Or to hold onto a lead, so we're screwed either way.
Who are you and why are you so perky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?