• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 03:21 PM

The Detroit Red Wings announced on Tuesday that they have signed forward Patrick Eaves to a one-year deal. As per club policy, financial terms of the contract were not announced.

Eaves spent the 2008-09 season with the Carolina Hurricanes, scoring six goals and adding eight assists in 74 games. He was traded to the Boston Bruins on July 24th for Aaron Ward before being bought out of a contract that would have paid him $1.1 million this upcoming season.

Eaves broke into the NHL in 2005-06 as a 21-year-old, scoring 20 goals and 9 assists in 58 games for the Ottawa Senators. He tallied 32 points the following season but has not broken 20 points since then.

In an offseason where the Red Wings have lost Marian Hossa, Tomas Kopecky, Mikael Samuelsson and Jiri Hudler, Eaves is the team's first free agent signing expected to play significant time in the NHL next season.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 03:35 PM

Malik likes the signing and actually called it over a week ago. Not bad for a guy supposedly on vacation.

#3 drwmike33

drwmike33

All-Star

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 05:59 PM

Ehh... I'm afraid this guy will be as exciting as Kyle Calder was....
Posted Image

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted August 05, 2009 - 06:03 PM

For half a million bucks, that's fine by me. Worst-case scenario he's a body up front and the Wings need those. Ken Holland's done this before, we could be looking at the next Dan Cleary.

#5 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted August 06, 2009 - 08:29 AM

How many times have players found themselves in Detroit? I agree with Clark, he could be another Cleary.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?