• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted June 05, 2009 - 12:49 PM

I figured I would start this one a day early so we have plenty of time to discuss it.
Posted Image

#2 drwmike33

drwmike33

All-Star

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted June 05, 2009 - 02:51 PM

Do or Die in Detroit
Posted Image

#3 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted June 05, 2009 - 04:39 PM

In case you haven't heard, there is a pre-game party on the Riverfront outside the Joe with music, food and drinks ($$), and family activities. Tickets for the game are not necessary to attend and partake. GO! And take your friends! (If you can, of course....) I want those players to be saying, "Wow! Did you see the crowd outside?" Are we jaded by success? Are we exhausted from the daily grind of the suffering economy? It would be super cool if the Wings set up a huge screen for viewing the game, but I haven't heard that is planned. You could always go over to the Hockeytown Cafe or Chelli's to watch...have those places been packed for the games? Don't drink and drive, though...you all know that, right?

I'm hoping for that perfect Wings game, again, the crisp stick-to-stick passing, the great timing (how many rebounds could have been slammed home last night, if someone had been on the doorstep at just the right time?), good hard, clean hits! On the other hand, if they play well and lose, there should be no regrets. You gotta give credit...for some of our young guys, this is their first Final experience, and for several others, it's only their second time, too (like some of the Pengoons).

The Wings and the Stanley Cup are the front cover news of today's Sports Illustrated...the curse?

#4 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted June 05, 2009 - 05:48 PM

Overconfidene and injuries have been our biggest problem. I wish I was in Detroit tomorrow so I could check out that party! Hopefully Dats will be back in the lineup and the Wings will be looking for revenge.
Posted Image

#5 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted June 05, 2009 - 07:11 PM

Overconfidene and injuries have been our biggest problem. I wish I was in Detroit tomorrow so I could check out that party! Hopefully Dats will be back in the lineup and the Wings will be looking for revenge.

And Puck Luck...we need a little of that, too. The Hockey gods seem to have deserted us for the moment. And would that the refs would either call "consistently" or NOT AT ALL...the serendipitous whistle in a tie game with a few minutes left in the 3rd period (had they noticed how routinely the Wings have been able to get back in the game when the calls come in the 1st? Hmmmm, I wonder...) is just unacceptable.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,168 posts

Posted June 05, 2009 - 09:04 PM

Good news for Red Wings fans from Friday's presser: Pavel Datsyuk will make his first appearance of the playoffs in Saturday's Game Five.

While he'd been listed as a game-time decision for several of the games he's missed in these playoffs, Wings coach Mike Babcock was definite this time: "He'll play."

#7 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 03:42 AM

Good news for Red Wings fans from Friday's presser: Pavel Datsyuk will make his first appearance of the playoffs in Saturday's Game Five.

While he'd been listed as a game-time decision for several of the games he's missed in these playoffs, Wings coach Mike Babcock was definite this time: "He'll play."

best new's iv'e heard all day
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 burke6687

burke6687

All-Star

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 07:20 AM

I wonder if he is at full strength or if this is more a confidence boost for the team and he will only play special teams? Either way this is going to be a great game and the most important Penguins game I've been able to watch in a long time. I am so amped for this game tonight, a win tonight would be huge for Crosby and Malkin and the young Penguins and really signify that they have arrived as a great team. You have to beat the best and beat them at home to be the best. Good luck tonight.

ltwn.png

#9 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 02:48 PM

"a win tonight would be huge for Crosby and Malkin and the young Penguins and really signify that they have arrived as a great team. You have to beat the best and beat them at home to be the best. Good luck tonight."

Can anyone imagine Datsyuk or Zetterberg or Lidstrom (for that matter) taking a dive like Crosby did in game 4?

#10 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 02:51 PM

I wonder if he is at full strength or if this is more a confidence boost for the team and he will only play special teams? Either way this is going to be a great game and the most important Penguins game I've been able to watch in a long time. I am so amped for this game tonight, a win tonight would be huge for Crosby and Malkin and the young Penguins and really signify that they have arrived as a great team. You have to beat the best and beat them at home to be the best. Good luck tonight.

we will find out pretty quick you would have to think he will be used to shadow Malkin or Crosby which if he is good to go is a huge help to Hank i expect it to take at least the majority of the 1st for him to get his leg's under him... Wing's need to not allow the long period's in their end tonight this 10 mins of pressure to then allow Pitt to do their thing while it almost appear's they are just standing around taking shift's off which they have been guilty of multiple time's this year also they need to turn the puck back up ice quickly and not play the tic-tac passing game all the way up ice Pen's have been outstanding the last 2 gm's with the quick transition the other way and the Wing's need to do the same or find a way to stop it form the Pen's either way work's for me and most of all MINIMAL TURNOVER'S TONIGHT PLEASE!!! that killed us last game

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,168 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 03:08 PM

Last update from me before I head out to get down to the Joe. Hoping this one goes better than the last Game Five against Pittsburgh I was at.

Dan Cleary and Brian Rafalski skipped the morning skate but are expected to play... Justin Abdelkader has the flu but is ready to play if called on... Pavel Datsyuk will start on Valtteri Filppula's wing with Marian Hossa but that will change if Datsyuk feels up to it as the game goes on.

I'll check in from the arena when I can.

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,168 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 05:57 PM

Tons of Pens fans here. Only seen one in a jersey for a non-Lemieux player who was on the team before 2003, and that was Jagr.

#13 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 06:25 PM

Tons of Pens fans here. Only seen one in a jersey for a non-Lemieux player who was on the team before 2003, and that was Jagr.

Interesting... So no one has been a Pens fan for more than a couple of years?
Posted Image

#14 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 07:14 PM

I think whoever wins tonight will win the series =/ And that doesn't settle with me easily.

Posted Image

#15 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 07:33 PM

Wow, a decent kill.

#16 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 07:39 PM

Great to see the Wings score first :) AWESOME.

Go Cleary.

Posted Image

#17 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 07:41 PM

Just about caught that goal as I had to go to the toilet. Yes Cleary!

#18 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 07:49 PM

YESS. POWER PLAY!! Let's have something happen, now!

Posted Image

#19 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 07:54 PM

YESS. POWER PLAY!! Let's have something happen, now!

we looked good i think Pav started out baitin them then turned in on a little bit i think there's more to come but good start

#20 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,168 posts

Posted June 06, 2009 - 07:56 PM

Pavs with the assist on Cleary's goal. Fantastic to see.

Amazed the Kunitz penalty got called.

Wings still having trouble moving the puck out of their zone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?