• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:49 AM

The Red Wings and the Penguins meet in a crucial Game Four tonight and it looks like Detroit might have reinforcements.

Kris Draper will rejoin the Wings' lineup for the first time since May 22, Game Three of the Western Conference Final series against the Chicago Blackhawks. He was a healthy scratch in Games Two and Three of the Stanley Cup Finals as coach Mike Babcock was hesitant to change a winning lineup.

Additionally, Pavel Datsyuk is expected to return to the ice for the first time since May 19, Game Two of the series with Chicago. Datsyuk completed a full practice with the team on Wednesday but is considered a game-time decision.

Should both players return, it seems likely that they will replace Ville Leino and Justin Abdelkader.

A Detroit win tonight would put them up 3-1 in the series, giving them three tries to get one more win. Should the Penguins win, the Red Wings will have to head back to Detroit for Game Five having lost the 2-0 series lead they had when they came to Pittsburgh.

#2 mike7psu

mike7psu

All-Star

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 08:51 AM

The report on Datsyuk seems to be that he is having trouble getting up to speed, but will play. The way Abdelkader is killing the Pens, this may be a blessing for Pittsburgh if the reports are true of a still hurting Datsyuk.

Should be a great game with desperation from both sides. I expect another loosely officiated game, but do not be shocked if more interference penalties are called as it seems the NHL has made it a point of emphisis to their officials.

Hossa has been a beast in game 4's so expect at least on goal out of him. Also I expect Osgood to bounce back after a shaky game 3.

I think this is Crosby's game to shine. The pattern seems to show that Crosby shines when Malkin does not, and Malkin does not usually string together back to back dominate games. Malkin had a dominate game in Game 3 so I expect him to regress in Game 4. If the Pens hope to win this game Crosby needs to contribute his own dominate game.

Under the Radar Watch:
Chris Kunitz and Max Talbot for the Pens.
Dan Cleary and Niklas Kronwall for the Wings.

Good Luck to both teams, but Let's Go Pens!
Building towards a winner!Posted Image

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 01:29 PM

Looks like the Wings could still be without Datsyuk. He skated during the optional morning skate but then stayed on the ice with the team's Black Aces. That puts him practicing for 80 minutes the morning of a game, something not typically done.

He'll take pre-game warmups tonight and remains a game-time decision.

#4 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 02:29 PM

This has been a big discussion on XM/SIRIUS radio channel 204. Lots of opinions however, we won't know for sure till game time.

Other items of note from this mornings discussions:

1. Osgood... Conn Smythe winner?

2. Thougts on co-winners of the Smythe...

3. Crobsy's actual value during the finals.
Posted Image

#5 burke6687

burke6687

All-Star

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 04:02 PM

This has been a big discussion on XM/SIRIUS radio channel 204. Lots of opinions however, we won't know for sure till game time.

Other items of note from this mornings discussions:

1. Osgood... Conn Smythe winner?

2. Thougts on co-winners of the Smythe...

3. Crobsy's actual value during the finals.

1. Quite possible, Detroit plays such a sound team game, no one really stand out. If Osgood is solid in winning two more games, I think he may very well get it. Only other option I see is Zetterberg.

2. Possibly Osgood & Zetterberg if Detroit wins. Both have been instrumental in shutting down the Penguins big guns. If Pittsburgh wins, it would have to be because of Fleury and possibly Malkin or Crosby. Im saying IF they won, I can only imagine Fleury would be the reason why, so dont jump down my throat.

3. Crosby has not got the points but he has made Zetterberg focus on him every shift so that at least distracts him somewhat from the offensive zone.

My two cents anyways

ltwn.png

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 06:23 PM

I'm not ready to award the Conn Smythe to any Red Wing just yet. None of them have had an incredibly standout performance other than Osgood and I think he only gets it if the Wings win the Cup.

On the Pittsburgh side I lean towards Malkin. He and Crosby were pretty even leading up to the Finals but Crosby's been relatively shut down in the first three games.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 06:46 PM

Bruce MacLeod says Datsyuk was not on a line during warmups, looks like he's out tonight.

Edit: Versus confirms, 7:57 PM.

#8 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 06:57 PM

Bruce MacLeod says Datsyuk was not on a line during warmups, looks like he's out tonight.

i hope that is just a ploy to throw off the Pen's was he suited up for warmup's anyone know?? i really thought he was gonna go tonight after the way he talked to the media yesterday nevermind saw the edit that suck's
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:02 PM

argggh why would we take out Abdelkader for Draper should of been Leino

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:03 PM

No, pulling Abs is the right call, he's the same kind of player as Draper so it's a more natural switch. Leino's gotta get some shots, though.

#11 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:08 PM

yeah that is true with the style of play for each of em Draper will be a huge boost on the defense side let's hope he can get Malkin in check i'm scared that Crosby could be huge tonight

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:12 PM

Lets Go Red Vings

#13 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:16 PM

That didn't take long. So it's gonna be like that?

#14 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:17 PM

Big PK here...
Posted Image

#15 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:19 PM

No surprise. Ericsson needed to clear that.

#16 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:19 PM

That sucks. I just woke up from a nap and am unhappy, and this made it worse |: Penguins with the lead.

COME TO THINK OF IT! Some girl in a class of mine was doing a posterboard this morning. She spelled 'penguin' as 'penquin' Hahaha. In huge letters at the bottom. And we have a day left of being a sophomore. Jesus.

Posted Image

#17 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:20 PM

What the f*ck was that? Yeah... Let's have three people stand around in the crease and watch the puck go in. Come on guys, wake the hell up!!! :cursing:
Posted Image

#18 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

the kill hadn't been goin bad up till that

#19 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Oh f*ck. The wings PK seems to be about as effective as a chocolate kettle right now.

#20 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:26 PM

they had it goin but it only took the one mistake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions