• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 09:19 AM

With back to back games, key decisions for both teams will be getting some grub, a good nights rest, and short shifts if they expect to come out on top tonight. Pens are going to come out strong so a couple of good hits from Kronner and Stuie in the first period should keep them under control.

My prediction: Hossa has a big game and is one of tonight's cornerstones along with Ozzie who by the way, will have one of the best games of the series.
Posted Image

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,280 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 12:07 PM

With the quick turnaround between games there's not a whole lot of Game Two pregame news but Mike Babcock has confirmed one thing: The Red Wings will go with the same lineup as in Game One.

This means that Pavel Datsyuk and Kris Draper remain out. Justin Abdelkader and Ville Leino remain in.

#3 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 03:30 PM

I would love to have Drapes and Dats in the lineup however, if it is not broken, don't try and fix it. Abdelkader and Leino looked solid last night which is why the fourth line saw so much ice time.

God willing, the Wings will walk away with a 2-0 lead.

Go Wings!

On another note, it is a pain to wear a Red Wings jersey in So cal. I will admit that the only jersey I own is a Shanny jersey from the 2002 cup, I know, I know, I need to upgrade. Most people out here can't even spell hockey, so I can’t figure out why they even talk to me in the first place. The thing that gets me the most is when you get accused of being a bandwagon fan. Yeah... let's not get started on the Lakers or the Charger fan bases out here... talk about bandwagon!

In fact the last time the Chargers went to the Super Bowl people in San Diego thought that the Chargers beating the Colts was more significant than the 1980 miracle on ice! Give me a break!

How come when the Wings win nobody ever has anything to say, but when they lose, everyone has to tell me about it? Answer me that San Diego!

My response? And this is keeping with the quote from Anchorman.... Go f*ck yourself San Diego!
Posted Image

#4 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 03:35 PM

I didn't get that punch in the gut feeling when i saw that Pav and Drapes wouldn't play again tonight after what we saw last night it is pretty clear that if we shut down Crosby and Malkin they don't have much going for them. Obviously that could change but it's a good gameplan i expect to see some dirty stuff tonight them trying to bait our guy's into dumb penaltie's but the Wing's have seen that from everybody thus far and have done an outstanding job of just playing their game and letting the opposition play stupid..I'm still hoping for a Kronner on Havlat hit on Crosby though :)
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 03:38 PM

screw em buddy bleed that red and white proud and let the hater's hate on us all they want we will be laughing at the end as we watch our boy's hoist The Holy Grail again

#6 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 03:41 PM

One last thing, I am all about letting them play their game, but come on now. There was a situation last night where Maltby was tackled but no call. At least be fair about it. If you are going to call the Wings for a ridiculous hook, get the Pens for the obvious stuff. :)
Posted Image

#7 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 03:46 PM

One last thing, I am all about letting them play their game, but come on now. There was a situation last night where Maltby was tackled but no call. At least be fair about it, if you are going to get the Wings for a ridiculous hook at least get the Pens for the obvious stuff. :)

there was that and the obvious trip that led to the Malkin breakaway (thank you again Ozzie) and the Cooke cheapshot on Homer that came well after the whistle that was my highest point of anger of the night

#8 pattonbordin

pattonbordin

Rookie

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 06:41 PM

I would love to have Drapes and Dats in the lineup however, if it is not broken, don't try and fix it. Abdelkader and Leino looked solid last night which is why the fourth line saw so much ice time.

God willing, the Wings will walk away with a 2-0 lead.

Go Wings!

On another note, it is a pain to wear a Red Wings jersey in So cal. I will admit that the only jersey I own is a Shanny jersey from the 2002 cup, I know, I know, I need to upgrade. Most people out here can't even spell hockey, so I can’t figure out why they even talk to me in the first place. The thing that gets me the most is when you get accused of being a bandwagon fan. Yeah... let's not get started on the Lakers or the Charger fan bases out here... talk about bandwagon!

In fact the last time the Chargers went to the Super Bowl people in San Diego thought that the Chargers beating the Colts was more significant than the 1980 miracle on ice! Give me a break!

How come when the Wings win nobody ever has anything to say, but when they lose, everyone has to tell me about it? Answer me that San Diego!

My response? And this is keeping with the quote from Anchorman.... Go f*ck yourself San Diego!

s cal is the worst for sports, unless they're winning, hence the Lakers, i live in riverside, no sports bars whatsoever, and if you find a place that shows sports, its the fukking raiders......i went down to SD last year to see the Tigers vs padres, i wore my red wings jersey, i encountered ALOT of detroit fans, it was great. Tigers won too, but i feel your pain!

#9 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:04 PM

Forget the interviews... Let's just DROP THE PUCK!
Posted Image

#10 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:13 PM

Anyone else agree that Helm will be tonight's leader in hits?
Posted Image

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,280 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:19 PM

That's an easy stat to predict. :)

#12 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:21 PM

On CBC they showed Don Cherry arriving at the JLA on a boat across the Detroit river then walking to the ice, wearing what I suppose was a pink Hawaii jacket, while a voiceover said loads of Chuck Norris-type facts about him. Man that was weird.

#13 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:41 PM

Did he just say "Happy is Abdelkader, Helmer is Helm" ? Hahahaha.

Posted Image

#14 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,280 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:49 PM

Did he just say "Happy is Abdelkader, Helmer is Helm" ? Hahahaha.

Not "Happy" but "Abby".

Big PK here.

#15 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,280 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:49 PM

Where the f*ck was the defense to clear that away?

#16 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:50 PM

As much as that sucks, I'm not afraid yet!

Not "Happy" but "Abby".

Thank the Lord! :) I have not lost faith in other commentators then. Maybe I just need a hearing aid...

Posted Image

#17 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:51 PM

f*ck.

#18 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,280 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:55 PM

Penguins turned it on for the second half of the period. Wings not controlling the puck well at all.

#19 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 07:55 PM

god what happened there we started strong then they just dominated the second half

#20 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,362 posts

Posted May 31, 2009 - 08:05 PM

If you are listening to the media, then Cindy and Genny are the only show in town.... Sickening if you ask me. No matter what the Wings do they are the focus. Now they are questioning if Ozzie is going to the hall? Give me a break
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?