• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 07:56 AM

The Detroit Red Wings found out their second-round opponent Monday night. The Anaheim Ducks completed a six-game upset of the San Jose Sharks, advancing to face the Red Wings in the Western Conference Semifinals.

Had the Sharks managed to come back to beat the Ducks, the Red Wings would have faced the Vancouver Canucks.

The Red Wings were 3-1 against the Ducks this season but both teams made significant changes after their last meeting. Detroit "flipped a switch" at the start of the playoffs, changing their style of play with stronger defense and better goaltending. Anaheim acquired defenseman Ryan Whitney for Chris Kunitz and James Wisniewski for Samuel Pahlsson, got Francois Beauchemin back from injury, and has been getting stellar goaltending from Jonas Hiller.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 12:11 PM

The full schedule isn't expected to be announced until after tonight's games are wrapped up but the Red Wings say they're opening the series on Friday night with an afternoon game Sunday.

#3 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 05:14 PM

God, that's terrible. |: And that's all I have to say.

Posted Image

#4 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted April 29, 2009 - 03:56 AM

ducks in 6

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 29, 2009 - 06:08 AM

The NHL has announced the schedule for Detroit's Western Conference Semifinal matchup with the Anaheim Ducks.

The eighth-seeded Ducks advanced to face the Red Wings after upsetting the San Jose Sharks in the first round. Number two seed Detroit advanced with a sweep of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The Red Wings will open at home on Friday night, with a Sunday afternoon game following before the series shifts to Anaheim.

Game 1 - May 1 - @ Detroit - 7:00 PM
Game 2 - May 3 - @ Detroit - 2:00 PM
Game 3 - May 5 - @ Anaheim - 10:30 PM
Game 4 - May 7 - @ Anaheim - 10:30 PM
Game 5 - May 10 - @ Detroit - 5:00 PM
Game 6 - May 12 - @ Anaheim - TBD
Game 7 - May 14 - @ Detroit - TBD

#6 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted April 29, 2009 - 05:34 PM

My brother and I have tickets for Friday's game. :) The only thing I'm actually looking forward to.

If I'm lucky (considering the first playoff game I went to was when Mathieu Schneider broke his wrist against the Sharks in '07) Pronger will get injured. :D

I hope it's not like last time with the ridiculous penalties and favoring the Ducks.

Posted Image

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted April 29, 2009 - 06:26 PM

Heh, I was at that game, too.

The Wings are winless at home (but unbeaten on the road) when I'm in attendence this season so I'll stay away this round.

#8 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted April 29, 2009 - 06:26 PM

I'd only just got into hockey in '03 and didn't support a team, so I admit I was glad when I'd heard the (Mighty) Ducks won that series becaus they were underdogs, it was only natural. And I had no way of watching the '07 series, actually pretty much all of the 05/06 and 06/07 seasons, so I'm pretty excited about watching this series properly. Not so much the times game 3, 4 and (6) are on, although I suppose it would have been the same if it was Vancouver. Anyway, I say Wings in 7.

#9 bigred4478

bigred4478

All-Star

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted April 30, 2009 - 03:41 PM

I am not really sure what to think of this series. were the Ducks really that good or did San Jose get big heads and underestimate them? plus San Jose has guys notorious for suckin it up for the playoffs (Thornton)<<<< i hope he never ends up in Detroit plus the whole division rivalry issue so i'm up in the air here i think the Wings will take em in 6 maybe 7 we defintly won't roll over them like we did CBJ though
Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted April 30, 2009 - 08:37 PM

Draper out for games 1 and 2:
http://sports.yahoo....i...p&type=lgns

#11 drwmike33

drwmike33

All-Star

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted April 30, 2009 - 10:19 PM

Wings in 6 with the Ducks taking one and one in detroit and at home respectively.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?