• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 12:00 PM

I've gotta admit, I've got a superficial reason for wanting to watch this afternoon's Red Wings - Blackhawks matchup. Though they may be incorrect, I love Detroit's throwback jerseys.

Ty Conklin will make his second start of the season in said jerseys, having won in then at Wrigley Field in the New Year's Day Winter Classic. Chris Osgood was given the option of starting today or tomorrow and chose to start on the road in the last game before the playoffs.

The Red Wings will be without Marian Hossa, who left Thursday's game early with a groin injury. He will also miss tomorrow's game but is expected to return for the start of the playoffs.

Cristobal Huet will start for Chicago. The Blackhawks will be without Patrick Sharp and Brent Sopel, with Kris Versteeg also unlikely to play.

With the Wings locked into the Western Conference's second seed and the 'Hawks having clinched fourth place, the two games are virtually meaningless. The Red Wings are 4-0 on the season against the Blackhawks and Chicago is looking to break 100 points in the standings for the first time since 1993.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 02:09 PM

The 'Hawks choose not to wear the Winter Classic jerseys.

And Conklin gets absolutely burned on the first shot. Jesus, that was awful.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 02:25 PM

Fil gets the Wings on the board with a PPG. Very nice pass by Hudler to make it happen.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 03:30 PM

Zetterberg made a handful of kickass plays to make that goal happen, including actually scoring the goal. Very nice.

#5 Stormo

Stormo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 03:38 PM

All Illitch had to do was put a Tiger logo on the retro sweater and it would be closer to the original and much more marketable.

Maybe MLB got a copyright on the original a long time ago, because an obvious marketing opportunity was lost.

champs.png

Memorial Trophy Champions - Season 22

Soelberg Trophy Champions - Seasons 14 and 22 

Inauguration Cup Champions- Season 21

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 04:02 PM

The actual D (the one in the DH.N logo) isn't the same as the Tigers' D either. I can't explain it.

Can't explain that goal, either. Defense not playing defense and Conklin not challenging.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 04:23 PM

Awful call leading to a penalty shot. Looks like this one's over. What a f*cking joke. Good thing this game doesn't mean anything.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,148 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 04:49 PM

I've gotta say, I liked Byfuglin's response to being asked if it should have been a penalty shot. Basically that it could have gone either way, he didn't know, but he'd take it. So used to seeing players who got the benefit of the call come out and say "Oh, yeah, that was the right call, I wish they'd make that call more." He admitted it could have been wrong but he'd take it.

#9 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 04:53 PM

I don't really know what happened to make them lose, but whatever.

I saw the first two period and the Wings goals were very nice :)

I fell asleep during the third and woke up hearing about them losing, and frankly I just turned it off. |:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?