• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 02:11 AM

Well after throwing away the cup the last few game by losing home ice advantage all the way through Wings still have a slight chance of going all the way. There is one game remaining for St. Louis and Anaheim, this could very well determine if wings move on. If anaheim gets a win and retains the 7th seed, wings will be upset in first round. BLUES are the best matchup for wings. If Blues get 8th seed then sharks would likely win in 5 games, ducks v sharks would better suit wings fans. Anyways, I've been in same boat as yzerfan of late, havent been watching the games of late. Its a joke right now. Lets hope for some st louis first round. Otherwise Sharks win first cup, 100%.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 08:23 AM

I may not be watching the games (I'll catch today's game but will be travelling tomorrow and might not) but I'm not nearly as pessimistic about the playoffs.

I don't see playing Anaheim as a death sentence. The Wings won the season series against the Ducks and Anaheim has seemed just as pedestrian as Detroit at points this season. Yeah, it's always scary going up against Giguere and Pronger still tries to decapitate people but I'm not picking the Ducks, I just think the Wings can beat them.

I'm actually not picking any team in the first round. Every team the Wings could play can beat them and the Wings can beat any of them, depending on the night. I also think any of those teams can beat San Jose. I think I'd rather see Pronger's thuggery focused on the Sharks but the Blues and Blue Jackets hate them some Red Wings so is that really any better?

Last year there was a clear path for the Wings to follow to the Finals. This year it feels a lot more like you can't worry about that and just take what you get.

#3 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 06:37 PM

I don't want the Wings to play Anaheim because of Pronger and the Neidermayers. :x That hit on Holmstrom still haunts me when I watch them face the Wings.

I'm happy that Franzen is signed though, so even if the Wings don't win, that is nice.

I don't want to be the pessimist, either, but as much as I want the Wings to win the Cup (which I do, more than any other team), I highly doubt they are going to win it again this year. I'd kinda like to see the Sharks or Habs win it. :x (+ Mathieu Schneider telling the doctors to shove it and playing with a messed up shoulder is pretty cool, I just hope he doesn't screw it up permanently by doing so!)

I'm kinda out of it, so I forgot everything else I was going to say.

If the three teams I want to win don't win this year, I don't really care as long as it's NOT the Ducks. I curse them and their franchise :)

Posted Image

#4 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted April 12, 2009 - 01:39 PM

I don't want the Wings to play Anaheim because of Pronger and the Neidermayers. :x That hit on Holmstrom still haunts me when I watch them face the Wings.

I'm happy that Franzen is signed though, so even if the Wings don't win, that is nice.

I don't want to be the pessimist, either, but as much as I want the Wings to win the Cup (which I do, more than any other team), I highly doubt they are going to win it again this year. I'd kinda like to see the Sharks or Habs win it. :x (+ Mathieu Schneider telling the doctors to shove it and playing with a messed up shoulder is pretty cool, I just hope he doesn't screw it up permanently by doing so!)

I'm kinda out of it, so I forgot everything else I was going to say.

If the three teams I want to win don't win this year, I don't really care as long as it's NOT the Ducks. I curse them and their franchise :)

#5 OldBroad

OldBroad

All-Star

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted April 12, 2009 - 01:52 PM

Sorry...I messed up my reply, additional post, whatever...!

Anyway, I have another theory (which my kids call my "conspiracy theory")...I don't think that the league at this point in time has any interest in having the Red Wings win another Cup. I think they would prefer to see it passed around in order to keep interest piqued in more markets....I think the Wings have taken more than their fair share of phantom penalties this season, and I suspect that unless they can outscore the opposition by more than a goal or two they will continue to see every possible infraction called against them. I hope I'm just being paranoid. I hate to see them play an Anaheim...they'll be lucky to survive without a death. Also remember that this is Canada's game, and the Wings have won with too many Europeans. As my son says (after listening to Don Cherry's tirades), it's amazing that Canadians aren't guilty of more war crimes. (We love Canada and Canadians, but the hockey establishment is a little arrogant and defensive about its game, methinks.) I hope I'm wrong!

#6 klaitinen

klaitinen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted April 14, 2009 - 08:05 AM

"I'm kinda out of it, so I forgot everything else I was going to say."

I couldn't have said it better, you should have just left it at that! LOL.

jerseys.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?