• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 08:04 AM

Some early morning notes before I head off to Atlanta...

Chris Osgood will make his fourth consecutive start for the Red Wings tonight. He's 3-0 in his last three, winning on back-to-back days over the weekend and then again on Tuesday.

Tomas Holmstrom remains out and will not return until at least next Friday's game against the New York Islanders.

Valtteri Filppula completed most of the Wings' Thursday practice but his status for the game won't be determined until after the morning skate. Today is his 25th birthday.

For the Thrashers, Ilya Kovalchuk returns to the lineup after missing three games.

This will be Marian Hossa's first game in Atlanta as a Red Wing. He played for the Thrashers for three seasons before being traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins at last year's trade deadline.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 04:29 PM

Sometime while I was driving from the beach to Atlanta, Valtteri Filppula was confirmed in for tonight's game. I'll be going with his jersey tonight it looks like.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 06:19 PM

This arena is kind of nice. Not as good as Columbus, a lot like HSBC Arena in Buffalo.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 07:23 PM

Quiet night, eh?

Raffy's goal was nice, stepped up at just the right time.

Tons of Wings fans here, even had a clear "Ozzie, Ozzie" chant going.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 08:16 PM

Another good period. Could see Hudler's goal coming as soon as Kovalchuk took too long hitting Stuart behind the net.

Little kid ran by me in the concourse a second ago muttering "Red Wings suck." I thought they taught math down here.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 20, 2009 - 09:43 PM

Wow, I'm talking to myself tonight.

Well, for the record, my attended shutout streak ended at 50 minutes and change. The Wings are now 3-1 on the season when I'm there and 3-0 in road games.

I think the second Thrashers goal came on a power play from a weak, weak call. Other than that, not much to say right now. Kind of decompressing, not looking forward to the drive tomorrow.

#7 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted March 22, 2009 - 03:53 PM

Sometime while I was driving from the beach to Atlanta, Valtteri Filppula was confirmed in for tonight's game. I'll be going with his jersey tonight it looks like.

You were supposed to wear it anyways because it was his birthday, remember! :c

And you were obviously talking to yourself because my fabulous presence was missing.

Haven't watched the game yet, but I taped it, so I should edit this later <3

Posted Image

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 22, 2009 - 04:56 PM

You were supposed to wear it anyways because it was his birthday, remember! :c

Yeah, but I'm superstitious and the the Wings are unbeaten this season when I wear the other jersey I had with me on the trip. Why risk it if he wasn't going to be playing? :)

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,392 posts

Posted March 25, 2009 - 10:24 AM

Finally got around to posting some photos from this game...

http://www.detroitho...date=2009-03-20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?