• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 06:13 PM

The Red Wings look to bounce back from their OT loss to Pittsburgh on Tuesday in Tampa tonight. It's a 7:30 start time on FSN.

Dan Cleary is still out, missing this short Florida road trip with an eye infection. Chris Osgood gets the start, with Ty Conklin going tomorrow in Miami so the only lineup change comes in the form of Brett Lebda returning to the blue line in place of Derek Meech.

Mike Babcock admits that it's change for the sake of change and that he would have made a switch up front if he had the bodies to do so.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 07:42 PM

Wow. I was just listening to the game for a second and forgot it was a road game.

Holy hell, Kronner just rocked Prospal.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 07:44 PM

Heh, Maltby just got three shots in a row from the slot, puck just kept coming back to him.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 08:00 PM

Mickey's p*ssed, that didn't take long.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 08:03 PM

Ugh, that was a nice shot. I can't even complain about it.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 08:12 PM

Well hell. I've got nothing.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 08:34 PM

Deflected and the Wings are back in it. Weird play.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 08:55 PM

Lame call on Tampa but I'll take it.

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 08:58 PM

Power play took a bit to get going but looked good once it did. I'm out to a soccer game, I'll catch up later. Quiet in here tonight anyway.

#10 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 09:17 PM

Missed the first two periods. Should be able to last period. Hope they can make teh 5 on 3 count at the start of the period.

#11 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 09:30 PM

Zetterberg eventually scrambles it in. And it's confirmed. All tied up.

#12 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 09:34 PM

And now they've taken the lead. Goal for Samuelsson. It definitely took a deflection.

#13 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 09:41 PM

Franzen makes it 4-2 Detroit.

#14 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 09:43 PM

Kolzig's looking pretty angry.

#15 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 09:59 PM

Back to a one goal game. If it's confirmed. Did Prospal kick it in? It's a goal. 4-3.

#16 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 10:11 PM

And there's the win, 4-3 final score. Without empty net goals, the wings have still yet to win a game by two or more goals this season.

#17 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 10:17 PM

Tonights game basically summed up my last post I had on the Pens game. Stick lift called hook and what do you know tampa gets a goal on the tail end of the penalty. Oh, and the three penalties where nobody knew what was called on Tampa that basically ended the game. wait one more, goal basically kicked in. But all the terrible calls get pushed aside which is a given in the NHL today. Just some consistency pleeease. I do think the refs are good at officiating when they make calls that have no intentions behind them, just call a penalty when a penalty is made.

#18 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 13, 2008 - 11:48 PM

Here are my running thoughts as I caught up with the game on the DVR, starting late in the second period...

Long five-on-three to start the third... Ranger penalty kind of lame. Hall high-stick deserved. Gratton?

Great job by Zetterberg to keep an eye on the crease and jump in to tie things up. I can't believe they didn't call it frozen while Hossa was whacking away.

Sammy finally hits the net to put the Wings in front. I still don't know what Gratton's penalty was for.

Huge play by Zata, Sammy and Franzen. Hooks all over the place on Sammy, kicks it free to Zata, passed across to an open Mule to bang it in. Really, really nice.

Anyone other than Kolzig goes off like that and he gets a penalty. Part of me likes that and part of me doesn't. From the replay, I think the interference he was bitching about was weak.

Prospal hit Kronner to the head from behind, no call. Hook gets called on Detroit instead.

Ozzie with a big giveaway on the PK. Not smart at all. Made up for it by staying with the puck, could have been easy to give up on that.

Prospal kicked it in. It would have gone in anyway, I'm surprised the FSN guys call it a good goal though. Now they change their minds. Ugh. I don't like that being called a goal. Would have been one without the kick but that was a kick nonetheless.

I can't believe there wasn't a hook called on Recchi with Hossa going in on the empty net.

Wow, faceoff in the Detroit zone dispite the puck going off Lecavalier's face. So horrible.

Wings hold on. I wasn't thinking that would happen. A win's a win but this one sucks anyway.

#19 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 01:58 AM

Wings hold on. I wasn't thinking that would happen. A win's a win but this one sucks anyway.

My thoughts after the game was feeling sorry for both teams and the NHL after the inconsistent calls. The best hockey is to come though, just wait til the end of the regular and playoffs where the refs don't play a role in the games. That is the best hockey to watch. Wings did win but it just felt weird the entire game after teams scored after strange calls, didn't know whether to cheer or be upset, odd feeling when watching my favorite team.

#20 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,278 posts

Posted November 14, 2008 - 10:37 AM

the end of the regular and playoffs where the refs don't play a role in the games

Seriously? I'd say the refs play even more of a role in the playoffs. Take a look at all the called-back goals from last spring. Hell, last shift of the Finals, Datsyuk dragged down, no call, Penguins come close to tying it up.

"Letting them play" can be just as bad as calling every little thing. The inconsistency is the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?