• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted October 25, 2008 - 03:57 PM

Andreas Lilja returns to the Red Wings lineup tonight after an appendectomy earlier this week. Derek Meech will be scratched to make room for him on the blueline.

Darren McCarty says he's making his season debut tonight but there's been no word on who would be out to make room for him.

Ty Conklin gets the start with Chris Osgood having gone last night. He'll be up against Nikolai Khabibulin, who's outplayed Cristobal Huet in the Chicago crease.

The jerseys for the Winter Classic will be unveiled during the first intermission.

The game is supposed to be on FSN Detroit but Comcast's channel guide currently says college football is scheduled at that time. This is making it hard for me to set my DVR, which I need to do since I expect to miss most of the game hosting a Halloween party.

#2 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted October 25, 2008 - 07:41 PM

And Franzen scores on the powerplay!

#3 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted October 25, 2008 - 07:57 PM

And Chicago hit the post while on the penalty kill, due to a rare mistake by Lidstrom.

#4 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted October 25, 2008 - 08:08 PM

And Chicago ties it up on the powerplay, Versteeg with the goal.

#5 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted October 25, 2008 - 08:16 PM

And the period ends 1 all.

#6 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted October 25, 2008 - 08:27 PM

Now I've seen what the winter classic jerseys are, I've got to go.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,153 posts

Posted October 26, 2008 - 12:55 AM

I ended up missing the entire game but caught the highlights from NHL.com just now.

A couple of the Chicago goals looked kind of weak, an off night for Conklin?

There were a couple beautiful Detroit goals, their fourth was amazing and the fifth was pretty good (though it would have been better had Samuelsson not missed the open net).

I want to see if the five-on-three that Chicago tied things back up on was another "it's late in the third, lets give them a power play to make things interesting" call or if the Wings actually did something to deserve it this time.

#8 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted October 26, 2008 - 06:52 AM

Just watched the highlights as well. What's wrong with a boring win, with a two goal winning margin secured without the help of the empty net? They always have to make it close.
I find it a bit weird that they don't show Chicago's shootout goal in the highlights though.

#9 drwmike33

drwmike33

All-Star

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted October 26, 2008 - 11:13 AM

I find it a bit weird that they don't show Chicago's shootout goal in the highlights though.

That's because it wasn't highlight worthy. It was a soft one. Conklin watched it slide between his legs. It wasn't even worth a celebration.
Posted Image

#10 drwmike33

drwmike33

All-Star

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted October 26, 2008 - 11:18 AM

I want to see if the five-on-three that Chicago tied things back up on was another "it's late in the third, lets give them a power play to make things interesting" call or if the Wings actually did something to deserve it this time.

Yeah--there was two very weak penalties--one on Cleary, idk the other one.

Even Ken Daniels said something like "you've got to wonder..."

One thing not touched on was that Franzen left the game after Brett Sopel collided with him trying to make a change. Knee on knee crash. I would have called interference--you can't just run into people willy nilly because you want to get to the bench. We'll see how bad it was. He was rolling around clutching his knee but later walked into the dressing room under his own power...so i don't know.
Posted Image

#11 Britishwingsfan

Britishwingsfan

Legend

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted October 26, 2008 - 11:35 AM

That's because it wasn't highlight worthy. It was a soft one. Conklin watched it slide between his legs. It wasn't even worth a celebration.

I see, thanks.

#12 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted October 26, 2008 - 07:25 PM

Looks like I missed an exciting game? Haven't gotten around to reading everyone's posts, because I don't really feel like it. Haven't seen the highlights, either.

Maybe they lost cause Lazy Lang wasn't there to score against us? ;P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?