• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,104 posts

Posted March 30, 2008 - 01:53 PM

The Wings can have a bit of say over who they face in the first round today, as a Predators win would help them make the playoffs but a Detroit win helps Vancouver, currently on the outside looking in. That said, there the Red Wings haven't clinched first-overall yet so lots of things are up in the air.

Hasek gets the start and Downey is back in for McCarty. Those are the only known lineup changes fron Friday.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,104 posts

Posted March 30, 2008 - 03:10 PM

Looks like Maltby got away with sticking Fiddler during a stoppage. I hate to see the Wings do that, I'd be p*ssed if I were a Nashville fan.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,104 posts

Posted March 30, 2008 - 04:37 PM

Well, the Wings' magic number is down to one with the point for going to OT. We'll see if they can cut it down even more with a win in the extra period.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,104 posts

Posted March 30, 2008 - 04:45 PM

Franzen's not a mule, he's a beast! Holy crap, anothet GWG.

#5 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted March 30, 2008 - 06:37 PM

Why didn't McCarty play? D: He took pregame skate, and now I'm sad because I should've gotten pictures. And there were lots of things that went uncalled. Oh well, the worst of the game was the people behind us, so obnoxious and rude! ): And the lady behind us was making fun of Hasek. Geez. I got lots of pictures, though :hockeysmiley:

The best part of the game was during a break they played everyone saying happy birthday to Howe, and when Bettman came on everyone booed. Now that was fun.

Posted Image

#6 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted March 31, 2008 - 05:52 PM

The low score made me reminisce upon old-time hockey. Not as flashy, but it kept me on the edge of my seat. Glad to see the Wings take the points in OT. Personally, I hope Detroit gets Trashville in the opening round, they seem to be a pretty fair push over.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,104 posts

Posted March 31, 2008 - 08:29 PM

The low score made me reminisce upon old-time hockey. Not as flashy, but it kept me on the edge of my seat. Glad to see the Wings take the points in OT. Personally, I hope Detroit gets Trashville in the opening round, they seem to be a pretty fair push over.

I try hard not to push for one playoff opponent over another but at the very least the lack of travel involved in a Nashville series would be nice.

#8 wingsfan78

wingsfan78

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted April 01, 2008 - 11:05 PM

Looks like Maltby got away with sticking Fiddler during a stoppage. I hate to see the Wings do that, I'd be p*ssed if I were a Nashville fan.

I agree but one thing you must look at : the game entirely Nashville are dirty and Malt's could only take so much, I dont like cheap shot's but I support him

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,104 posts

Posted April 02, 2008 - 07:52 AM

As much as there are times when I'd love to see the Wings turn the tables on some of these teams and get rough with them, I really don't like the cheap after-the-whistle stuff so I can't support Malts on this one. If he threw down, that'd be something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?