• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,156 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 07:38 PM

Chris Osgood, fresh off signing his new contract and being named to the All-Star team, gets the start against the Wild tonight. Backstrom starts for Minnesota.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,156 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 07:45 PM

Not that I really think it was interference, but #92 (who I can't spell) was right in the crease on the Skoula goal. Again, the Wings have had goals called back for less.

#3 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 07:47 PM

Cleary to Lebda to Zetterberg! Great effort! Wowwie ... They made it look easy.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,156 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 07:51 PM

Both goals have looked really nice. Hoping to see more of that from the Wings.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,156 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 07:57 PM

Weak, weak call on Kopy after the slash that knocked Datsyuk's stick loose was ignored. And I'll miss the power play as I've gotta head out to a soccer game. I'll catch up when I get back.

#6 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 08:11 PM

WTF???? Mental breakdowns or just a couple of bad breaks???

#7 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 08:13 PM

I'm liking FILPS more and more ....... He has moves and knows how to find the back of the net!

Did anyone see the interference on the WING (Knocked to the Ice) just as FILPS scored?

Who was that?

No call too.

#8 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 08:16 PM

I'm liking FILPS more and more ....... He has moves and knows how to find the back of the net!

Did anyone see the interference on the WING (Knocked to the Ice) just as FILPS scored?

Who was that?

No call too.

In fact that hit on the un-identified WING as FILPS scored is more like CROSS CHECKING!

#9 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 08:51 PM

Major League PRO Defensive play by RAFFIE ...

#10 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 09:41 PM

Well into the 3rd ..... the pace has slowed as both teams get slightly more defensive. Looks like we may see this one grind out. The WILD have played very well. GABORIKs speed has been the difference.

#11 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 09:47 PM

6:09 remaining. Good pressure down deep by the WINGS force a WILD penalty. Best pressure by the WINGS in the 3rd.

#12 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 09:54 PM

3:35 remaining. The WINGS have controlled, but HARDING has come up big at least twice in the last 3 minutes. WILD continue to play tough.

#13 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 09:57 PM

1:08 remaining .... WOW! Great goal by Cleary from ZETTERBERG!

CLEARY is coming through big time -- 4 goals and 6 points in the last 4 games.

#14 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 09:59 PM

.46 remaining ..... Bellanger scores on a weird bank shot in off OZZIE (shot from the left side of the net almost perpendicular to the goal line ... Nice effort by the WILD.

This one is going to O.T.

#15 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 10:08 PM

What a game through O.T. Now we go to a S.O.

#16 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 10:15 PM

HUDLER was good, but GABORIK was better ...... OZZIE didn't look good. RALSTON's shot completely fooled him and GABORIK ended it, making it look easy.

Oh well ..... Great game overall ..... the WILD deserved the win, they played the WINGS tough. Hard to see either team lose, as the WINGS gave it their all as well.

#17 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,156 posts

Posted January 10, 2008 - 10:53 PM

Probably a game where the Wings didn't deserve to get a point. Screwed up so bad in the beginning, were a bit lucky to come back, blew the lead when they finally got it. Osgood got hung out to dry on a couple of those, the defense was just gone at the start of the game.

#18 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted January 11, 2008 - 03:04 PM

Probably a game where the Wings didn't deserve to get a point. Screwed up so bad in the beginning, were a bit lucky to come back, blew the lead when they finally got it. Osgood got hung out to dry on a couple of those, the defense was just gone at the start of the game.

Was it really that bad? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Posted Image

#19 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted January 11, 2008 - 04:38 PM

Was it really that bad? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Actually, I thought it was a very entertaining game. Entertaining in the sense that there were a lot of goals scored by each team, lots of good scoring chances, including a noteable come-back by the WINGS from a two goal deficit. On top of that, the WILD's goal 19 seconds after the WINGS took a 5-4 lead in the final minutes, which tied the game at 5, and send it to O.T. Was it the best effort, defensively, by the WINGS -- NO. Was it OZZIE's best effort between the Pipes -- NO. Was there some lapses on the part of the WING D -- Yes. But, I attribute a lot of that to a strong effort by the WILD. Neither team deserved to lose. Contrary to what some may believe, The WILD are no slouches. They may be inconsistent, but they have speed and grit. In this particular game, despite BACKSTROM being pulled, I both he and his Back-up HARDING played fairly strong. The WILDS speed and grit played the biggest part in beating the WINGS. This is a good wake-up call for the WINGS. The WINGS have a comfortable lead right now, but the other 8-9 teams vying for a play-off berth are going to be coming on strong from here on out. Let's hope the WINGS don't have some more injuries between now and the end of regulation.

#20 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,156 posts

Posted January 11, 2008 - 06:45 PM

Entertaining, yes. Just didn't think it was a good game for the Wings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?