• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,179 posts

Posted November 07, 2007 - 01:16 PM

With the Wings and Predators meeting up for the first time this season tonight, the Red Wings have shaken up their lineup a bit. Jiri Hudler has been dropped down to the fourth line, where he'll be joined by Aaron Downey and Matt Ellis. Tomas Kopecky and Dallas Drake will be scratched.

With Jordin Tootoo on the ice for the Predators, you've kinda gotta think that Downey's role will be as a reminder not to take any liberties with Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

On defense, Niklas Kronwall will miss yet another game with his injured groin, keeping Derek Meech in the lineup.

Chris Osgood will get the start in goal, with Dominik Hasek backing him up.

Zetterberg can set a new Red Wings record if he records a point tonight. It would mark his fifteenth straight game with a point to start the season.

I'll probably miss the game, I've got some home improvement going on tonight, but the DVR will be active so I'll catch up when I can.

#2 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted November 07, 2007 - 10:50 PM

Missed the game tonight. Can anyone comment? Thanks

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,179 posts

Posted November 08, 2007 - 02:16 AM

I stayed up to catch my recorded copy of the game and I'm glad I did. The game wasn't all that great but those shootout goals by Datsyuk and Zetterberg were incredible.

I'll post some game notes in the morning.

#4 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted November 08, 2007 - 02:28 AM

I stayed up to catch my recorded copy of the game and I'm glad I did. The game wasn't all that great but those shootout goals by Datsyuk and Zetterberg were incredible.

I'll post some game notes in the morning.

Thanks. Would appreciate that. I'm hoping I can catch the late night re-run on FSN. If you can post the video on the shoot out goals, that would be fantastic.

#5 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted November 08, 2007 - 02:32 AM

Clarke .... another thing. Change the clock time back to EST. No biggie, but I just happened to notice the time is off.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,179 posts

Posted November 08, 2007 - 08:58 AM

Clarke .... another thing. Change the clock time back to EST. No biggie, but I just happened to notice the time is off.

From what I'm seeing, the time is fine. Screenshot from a couple minutes ago...

http://screencast.com/t/a5LNAdGo4P4

Do you have it set to auto-adjust for DST in your settings?

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,179 posts

Posted November 08, 2007 - 09:43 AM

The morning after and I've finally had some time to pull together some thoughts about Detroit's matchup with Nashville.

I still say the game was pretty boring. Nashville managed to do what they always do to Detroit, limit the Red Wings' chances to low-percentage shots from the outside. The Wings threw a ton of shots on net but Chris Mason didn't have to come up big all that often. That said, Mason did make some key saves.

And the other end of the ice, so did Chris Osgood. He was barely challenged until the third period but came up big and had some luck. Nashville's first goal was through a screen and Osgood had no chance. The tying goal could have been stopped but it would have required cheating towards Dumont, which would have left a clear shot for Radulov. Not much he could do but technically there was something.

Osgood also got some help from the refs with a quick whistle stopping play just before the puck slid into the net after it got caught up under him. Considering how those breaks had gone against the Wings for awhile, I'm happy to see it work out in their favor.

Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg scored two very nice goals in the shootout, making Mason look absolutely ordinary. Osgood was solid in the tiebreaker, stopping both Nashville shots.

The win was Detroit's eighth in a row, Osgood's eighth in a row, and included a Zetterberg assist to give him points in fifteen games in a row.

#8 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted November 08, 2007 - 04:44 PM

From what I'm seeing, the time is fine. Screenshot from a couple minutes ago...

http://screencast.com/t/a5LNAdGo4P4

Do you have it set to auto-adjust for DST in your settings?

Hmmm, not sure, about that. Maybe it is my setting. I'll have to look into that. However, The time I'm reading in the top section of your post, appears as DST, relative to the true time. For instance, your post above reads, November 8, 2007, 9:58 AM. But in reality it was sent at 8:58 AM. which corresponds to the image of your screen shot.

#9 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted November 08, 2007 - 04:57 PM

The morning after and I've finally had some time to pull together some thoughts about Detroit's matchup with Nashville.

I still say the game was pretty boring. Nashville managed to do what they always do to Detroit, limit the Red Wings' chances to low-percentage shots from the outside. The Wings threw a ton of shots on net but Chris Mason didn't have to come up big all that often. That said, Mason did make some key saves.

And the other end of the ice, so did Chris Osgood. He was barely challenged until the third period but came up big and had some luck. Nashville's first goal was through a screen and Osgood had no chance. The tying goal could have been stopped but it would have required cheating towards Dumont, which would have left a clear shot for Radulov. Not much he could do but technically there was something.

Osgood also got some help from the refs with a quick whistle stopping play just before the puck slid into the net after it got caught up under him. Considering how those breaks had gone against the Wings for awhile, I'm happy to see it work out in their favor.

Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg scored two very nice goals in the shootout, making Mason look absolutely ordinary. Osgood was solid in the tiebreaker, stopping both Nashville shots.

The win was Detroit's eighth in a row, Osgood's eighth in a row, and included a Zetterberg assist to give him points in fifteen games in a row.

Thanks for the game re-cap. I did watch the game via the FSN re-broadcast. I thought the WINGS did a pretty good job until mid way thru the 3rd period, when NASHVILLE, took control of the game. The WINGS appeared to LET the momentum shift. The WINGS had clearly out-shot, , out puck controlled and out-chanced the PREDS thru 2 periods. It was evident the PREDS wanted at least a point, and they got it. The OT period was a different story with the WINGS clearly controlling. The WINGS' had some nice chances to win it during their power-play in the OT session, but just couldn't quite do it. I thought MEECH had another great game, as did, of course PAVEL and HENRIK. Another good effort by FILPPULA, CLEARY and HUDLER. HOLMSTROM was also strong. RAFALSKI, I thought, did NOT play well. I guess everyone is entitled to their "down" game. Overall, I really do like what I've been seeing in the WINGS' play. The season is still young, but from what, I've seen thru 15 games, they looked improved over last season, and much more determined to dominate opponents, and win games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?