• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 09:10 AM

Johan Franzen and Dallas Drake are expected to return to the lineup for tonight's matchup with the Oilers. I've got no idea what roster moves the Wings are making to get them off the IR but I assume they're putting Hasek or Kronwall on that list, since Dom isn't going to play for the rest of the trip which means Howard needs to stay up.

If Howard stays up and they want to give him a start, I would recommend doing it tonight rather than Thursday in Calgary. The Oilers come across as the weaker team to me. Now that I've said that, they'll probably score seven.

Bill over at A2Y thinks that Zetterberg's point scoring streak will end tonight just because of all the attention he's been getting in the media. I won't argue against it but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does notch a point.

Game time is 9:30 PM which means I won't be catching the first period live. I'll catch up via the miracle of DVR starting at 10:00, assuming the drugs they gave me for sawing into my jaw don't knock me out by then.

#2 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 06:34 PM

Yay :).

Not as late as last night(your cat won't be wondering, eh?) x]

I'm afraid to say anything that will jinx the team tonight, so I dunno. XD

&;; I also think it's funny the poll on the front page is unanimous :D

Posted Image

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 09:32 PM

My DVRd copy of the game got me caught up with realtime just as the second period started. Could have skipped everything up to that point, not much happening so far.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 09:35 PM

The cat is batting at me already and it's only 10:30.

Second Oilers penalty is a little weak.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 09:38 PM

Zetterberg! The streak hits 13!

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 09:43 PM

Damn, that was a nice goal.

#7 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 09:44 PM

Zetterberg! The streak hits 13!

;_; beat me to it.

Geez, I must be bad lulck, I bring up the post to reply ad Edmonton scores @.@

Posted Image

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 09:53 PM

Wings PK is doing a good job of standing up at the blue line but their passng is off. Weird.

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 10:54 PM

Valtteri Filppula pwnz all!

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 11:22 PM

Game thoughts? But it's so late... Okay...

Overall, a pretty boring game. Almost no hitting, not a lot of scoring. Not a lot of what I'd call quality scoring chances. I don't recall any spectacular saves by either goalie. Combined with the late start, it was a little bit of a hard game to watch.

With the stalemate that the teams seemed locked in until the final moments, you kind of had to figure that the first team to capitalize on a mistake would be the team to win. In the end, that's exactly what happened, with Filppula's game-winner coming on a play where Oiler Dick Tarnstrom got caught flat-footed, allowing Fil to get in behind him.

Not to take anything away from Filppula, though, 'cause that was a beautiful shot.

Talk about a goaltending controversy will only heat up now, with Chris Osgood undefeated on the season, with six wins in six starts. His GAA is around 1.50 (over a full goal less than Dominik Hasek's) with a save percentage of .930.

The look Osgood has on a regular basis now reminds me of my all-time favorite save. That clip doesn't show it, but right after that save there was a closeup of Osgood and he seemed completely unfazed by what he had just done. Completely in the zone.

#11 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 11:32 PM

Johan Franzen and Dallas Drake are expected to return to the lineup for tonight's matchup with the Oilers. I've got no idea what roster moves the Wings are making to get them off the IR but I assume they're putting Hasek or Kronwall on that list, since Dom isn't going to play for the rest of the trip which means Howard needs to stay up.

If Howard stays up and they want to give him a start, I would recommend doing it tonight rather than Thursday in Calgary. The Oilers come across as the weaker team to me. Now that I've said that, they'll probably score seven.

Bill over at A2Y thinks that Zetterberg's point scoring streak will end tonight just because of all the attention he's been getting in the media. I won't argue against it but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does notch a point.

Game time is 9:30 PM which means I won't be catching the first period live. I'll catch up via the miracle of DVR starting at 10:00, assuming the drugs they gave me for sawing into my jaw don't knock me out by then.

Hope your jaw surgery went well ..... or at least better than expected. I was in and out tonight, but did manage to catch bits and pieces of the game. The GWG by FILPPULA was A+ AAWSOME.
Great effort overall by the WING D. ZETTERMAN had a great game as usual. So did SAMUELSON, I thought. It was good to see FRANZEN back also.

Don't want to Jinx the WINGS but they are playing RED HOT!

#12 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted October 31, 2007 - 07:37 AM

The only comment I have is Lilja got hosed on that call for interference. That was a clean hit
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?