• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 04:51 PM

After two games at home, it's back out west for the Red Wings tonight, meaning another late night for those of us intending to catch the game.

Niklas Kronwall will sit out with a sore groin, giving Derek Meech his first action of the season. Mike Babcock says that Kronwall would have gone if it was a playoff game and he's expected to be back in on Tuesday.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 09:46 PM

By my clock, we're just getting underway at 10:46 PM ET. I hate the Western Conference.

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 09:51 PM

Wings kill the early Vancouver PP, FSN's scoreboard is missing the penalty time, that's gonna annoy the hell out of me.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 09:56 PM

Two really similar goals and we're at 1-1. Both goals scored with rebounds directed straight to an opponent.

#5 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 10:04 PM

I've liked the play of MEECH tonight. Has been stepping up in the play, also making some nice passes.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 10:05 PM

My cat wants to know what I'm doing up so late tonight. Like a lot of people, I don't think she understands why Detroit is in the Western Conference.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 10:10 PM

Another strong PK. I'd prefer to not see that have to happen but it happens. Detroit power play coming up.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 10:17 PM

I'm dual-posting tonight, both here and over at Abel to Yzerman. As mentioned there (and earlier here), the broken FSN graphics are annoying the hell out of me. Ken just replied to a viewer email to say that they're having technical difficulties. Shouldn't they have mentioned that unprompted?

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 10:22 PM

Mikey and Fil do it again!

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 11:08 PM

If a goal like that was scored by the Wings, they'd find a way to call Holmstrom for goalie interference.

:therock:

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 11:12 PM

What a move by Hudler!

#12 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 11:47 PM

need a Triple A goal (Insurance) ..

#13 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 11:50 PM

Definitely, the Canucks aren't going away.

#14 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 11:53 PM

BoSox completey destroyed the Rockies .. flipping between the Channels ... World Series was p*ss poor this year .. But the BEST TEAM WON!

#15 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted October 28, 2007 - 11:57 PM

DRAPES playing with added zeal (if that's the correct term) ..... Have to wonder if it might be related to his newly signed 3-year contract .... a nice tidy sum of $4.5 M over the term of the contract ... He's probably worth it ..... but ...... sounded to me like a lot of bucks!

#16 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,157 posts

Posted October 29, 2007 - 12:17 AM

Late night thoughts before I head to sleep...

Unlike some games this season, this one really was as close as the score showed. No lucky goals for either team. A lot of solid plays, not a lot of mistakes by either team.

One of the mistakes was Chris Osgood's giveaway that almost let the Canucks tie things up in the final seconds. He hesitated, had he come out and played the puck immediately the shot at the empty net would have worked but he paused for a second, giving Vancouver time to get up on him.

That said, if the game is being called correctly (and I'll never assume that given some things we've seen), the goal doesn't count even without the quick whistle because you can't push the goalie into the net with the puck. Osgood had the puck held in his feet and his feet were pushed into the net. That's it.

Zetterberg's point-scoring streak reaches 12 games, two away from the Red Wings' record to start a season. He's also still the NHL's scoring leader.

The Canucks had a shift near the midway point of the third period where they tried to play the Wings physical and then it kind of died off. Interesting that they only tried it for about 30 seconds.

Nothing to complain about on the Holmstrom Crease Watch front, always good to see.

That's all I've got tonight, I'm supposed to be in a meeting in less than seven hours and at the dentist in less than nine, I don't know which will be more painful at this point.

#17 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 08:09 AM

At least it was not a puck in the face that sent you there! Sorry I am late on this one but I have to say that I was impressed with the effort that was put forth.

Holland has once again proved that he can find that quality diamond in the rough. Meech looked pretty solid in his first outing and seemed eager to produce.

Looking forward to tonights game
Posted Image

#18 Stormo

Stormo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 11:30 AM

My cat wants to know what I'm doing up so late tonight. Like a lot of people, I don't think she understands why Detroit is in the Western Conference.

I don't know why this cracks me up so much, but it does.

temp-2.png

Memorial Trophy Champions - Season 22

Soelberg Trophy Champions - Seasons 14 and 22 

Inauguration Cup Champions- Season 21

#19 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted October 30, 2007 - 03:15 PM

I don't know why this cracks me up so much, but it does.

XD I agree with you there, buddy :)

You don't seem like a cat person to me, Clark. x]

Can't wait for tonight's game!(And I won't be distracted by the World Series this time, either[as much as I hate baseball, one of my favorite people is a Sox fan so I watched bits and peices]) :D:D:D:D:D:D Oilers used to be my favorite team.XD Wow. I don't like them too much anymore.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?