• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 10:36 AM

The Red Wings won't have to face Todd Bertuzzi tonight when they visit the Anaheim Ducks. Bertuzzi is out with a concussion after a hit from Minnesota's Derek Boogaard in the first period of Sunday night's loss.

From the LA Times via George Malik...

Ducks Coach Randy Carlyle said his big winger suffered an apparent concussion when he was hit by Minnesota winger Derek Boogaard nearly 14 minutes into the game.

"He moved the puck toward the net and Boogaard . . . I don't know if he ran down but he took an extra step to come down to hit him," Carlyle said. "His shoulder or arm area caught flush on the jaw of Bertuzzi."

The severity of the concussion is unknown. Carlyle said Bertuzzi will be re-examined today and pronounced him "highly doubtful" for tonight's home game against Detroit.

Interesting that Carlyle seems to be questioning the legality of Boogaard's hit, knowing the history of his own club. I didn't see the hit so I won't comment on it but if it was high, why is Carlyle surprised that it goes both ways?

#2 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 02:08 PM

Ha.

Hahaha. :suspect: Karma is knifty.

I don't like Bertuzzi, so HOTDIGGITYDMN! :):D:D:D:D

I cannot express my joy right now.

D= If only Mathieu was there to play, this would be a good day.

(ha, that last line rhymes ;0)

Posted Image

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 09:13 PM

Lidstrom can't reach in with his glove in the corner but Pronger can cross-check Holmstrom to the ice. I love the NHL.

And the Ducks get on the board.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 09:18 PM

Wow, go Mike Babcock. This is the first time in ages I've seen him arguing with the refs. Good job, give 'em hell.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 09:20 PM

Way to go Clears! All evened up.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 09:30 PM

It's gonna be another one of those games. I might need to shut up soon. Dirty f*cking Ducks. Go NHL, where grabbing a guy's sleeve is the same as putting your stick into his back and driving him into the boards.

#7 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 09:34 PM

D= I agree with you 100% Clark

I have always hated the ducks, this just gives me more reason to.

The outcome looks bad so far Dx

Posted Image

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 09:47 PM

Wow, power play for Detroit, could have been a 5-on-3 (like the Ducks got earlier), but a mystery "unsportsmanlike conduct" on Holmstrom.

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 10:08 PM

The FSN guys are asking who the last Red Wing to lead the NHL in scoring at any time of the season was. They're guessing Fedorov. Why is it so hard to remember that Lang was tied for the lead in scoring when the Wings acquired him in 2004?

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 10:31 PM

Wow, Ducks just came unglued. I can't believe Getzlaf didn't get a penalty for the hit on Cleary so long after the whistle. Weak.

And the Wings convert on the five-on-three!!

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 10:37 PM

You're kidding me. Holmstrom gets his ass kicked in front of the goal and yet the Wings lose a goal because Pronger's a diver.

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 10:46 PM

Zetterberg takes a stick to the face on a faceoff and no one catches it? You're telling me that none of the officials were watching a FRIKKIN' FACEOFF? What the hell were they watching?!

#13 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 11:34 PM

You're kidding me. Holmstrom gets his ass kicked in front of the goal and yet the Wings lose a goal because Pronger's a diver.

Quoted for repetition.

#14 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 15, 2007 - 11:49 PM

When I created it, I called my blog "Misconduct" because I figured I'd spend a lot of time yelling about the refs. Tonight would be one of those nights but I really just don't have the energy.

The Ducks did not score a five-on-five goal all night. The Wings only scored one. Of course that means the officials are going to be a big part of the story.

Here's what I think sums up the calls in tonight's game: Tomas Holmstrom was called twice for "knocking down" Chris Pronger. Chris Pronger. Big, tough, Norris Trophy defenseman Chris Pronger. And he somehow was felled twice by Holmstrom.

Yeah, I don't know, either. I'm just going to bed.

#15 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,305 posts

Posted October 16, 2007 - 08:36 AM

The morning after...

I should have mentioned last night that I'm not saying the refs are at fault for the Wings' loss. Detroit was on a power play when the GWG was scored. They had an opportunity.

I'm saying that this was a painful game to watch because of the refs. I've been watching hockey for a long time and even I don't understand some of what was called or not called. If I don't get it, how does the NHL expect a casual fan to be able to keep up? Understanding the rules is an important part of watching a game.

Let's say I'm watching last night's game with a friend who's not a hockey fan. Partway through, he asks, "Hey, how come that Pronger guy can beat up on Holmstrom like that but Holmstrom can't do it to him?" I have no answer for him because the answer is supposed to be that neither player is allowed to. How can the NHL expect to bring in new fans when even their existing fans don't know what's going on?

#16 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted October 17, 2007 - 05:18 PM

When I created it, I called my blog "Misconduct" because I figured I'd spend a lot of time yelling about the refs. Tonight would be one of those nights but I really just don't have the energy.

The Ducks did not score a five-on-five goal all night. The Wings only scored one. Of course that means the officials are going to be a big part of the story.

Here's what I think sums up the calls in tonight's game: Tomas Holmstrom was called twice for "knocking down" Chris Pronger. Chris Pronger. Big, tough, Norris Trophy defenseman Chris Pronger. And he somehow was felled twice by Holmstrom.

Yeah, I don't know, either. I'm just going to bed.

I agree with the scenario you pose above. The Officiating since the new rules when in to effect, seems to have left a lot to be desired.

#17 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted October 17, 2007 - 05:24 PM

The morning after...

I should have mentioned last night that I'm not saying the refs are at fault for the Wings' loss. Detroit was on a power play when the GWG was scored. They had an opportunity.

I'm saying that this was a painful game to watch because of the refs. I've been watching hockey for a long time and even I don't understand some of what was called or not called. If I don't get it, how does the NHL expect a casual fan to be able to keep up? Understanding the rules is an important part of watching a game.

Let's say I'm watching last night's game with a friend who's not a hockey fan. Partway through, he asks, "Hey, how come that Pronger guy can beat up on Holmstrom like that but Holmstrom can't do it to him?" I have no answer for him because the answer is supposed to be that neither player is allowed to. How can the NHL expect to bring in new fans when even their existing fans don't know what's going on?

Ooops, my last post was in reference to the above ...... Again, I'm not impressed with the officiating since the new rules went into effect. One only has to go back to last years play-offs. A few "questionable" calls on the part of the refs had dramatic effect on the outcomes of more than a few games. Wings vs Ducks, game 5 (I think it was) when DATSYK was called late in the game for interference is one such call. If I remember correctly, it lead to a DUCK power-play goal, and very likely cost the WINGS the series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?