Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted June 20, 2007 - 01:09 AM

Do you think the wings should keep him?

I do. =)

First off, he's a very good defenceman.

Second, ....well, He's one of my favorite players, so i obviously want him to return. ^.^

Umm sorry about not making this a poll...>.> the whole poll options things are very different from what im used to, and i dont really understand it yet.

Posted Image

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted June 20, 2007 - 03:19 PM

I'd love to see Schneids back in Detroit next season. The Kimmo Timonen contract can't help the Red Wings, though, and I remember the last contract negotiations between Schneider and Detroit being difficult. At one point both sides assumed he was a goner.

But things seem to be a bit better now so we'll see. If they can't sign him, there aren't a lot of good replacements out there.

#3 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted June 20, 2007 - 03:57 PM

oooh i hope there's no problems this time! i don't know a whole lot about the contract problems because i wasn't following hockey then, but i heard it was bad. D= i hope everything goes as clean as a whistle.

Posted Image

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted June 21, 2007 - 06:17 AM

Holland is expected to meet with Schneider's agent this weekend, but there's lots of speculation that if Anaheim loses Scott Niedermayer to retirement, the Ducks will also make a push for Schneider.

#5 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted June 21, 2007 - 04:56 PM

oh dear lord i hope that doesnt happen. i would sit and cry T_T. they are my least favorite team for many reasons. Dx it pains me to think there is even a possibility of that happening. so all i have to say is i guess....keep your fingers crossed!

Posted Image

#6 Slapstick

Slapstick

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted June 22, 2007 - 12:49 PM

I would love to see him back, but I do think the team could go on without him.

#7 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted June 23, 2007 - 02:35 AM

as much as it pains me to say this, i somewhat agree with you. Dx no one heard that!!!!!! sshh!

Posted Image

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted June 23, 2007 - 10:26 AM

The team might have to, apparently he's asking for more money than Holland wants to give right now.

#9 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted June 23, 2007 - 01:18 PM

that's horrible news. oh dear. i'm very scared now. i can only hope for the best.D= :hockeysmiley:

Posted Image

#10 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted June 23, 2007 - 10:58 PM

schneider stays, markov is gone, lang is gone, bertuzzi is resigned and a prospect will fill Lang's void. I can almost guarantee that is what will happen. I just have a gut feeling about it.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#11 Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Mathieu_Datsyuk132351

Legend

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted June 24, 2007 - 01:42 PM

schneider stays, markov is gone, lang is gone, bertuzzi is resigned and a prospect will fill Lang's void. I can almost guarantee that is what will happen. I just have a gut feeling about it.

i dont know about the whole markov and bertuzzi thing. markov played well and bertuzzi.....didnt really shine if you know what im saying? i think he might go. markov, its hard to say

Posted Image

#12 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted June 25, 2007 - 12:31 PM

i dont know about the whole markov and bertuzzi thing. markov played well and bertuzzi.....didnt really shine if you know what im saying? i think he might go. markov, its hard to say

The WINGS would do well to delete LANG for sure, and maybe even BERTUZZI, although BERTUZZI may still develop as a good power forward. MARKOV played very well and he really needs to stay. He a very good blue liner. I would place MARKOV up there, maybe even ahead of LEBDA and LILJA, as the WINGS #3 "D" man. And thats not meant to take anything away from either LEBDA or LIJA. MARKOV, LEBDA and LILJA are all core defensemen and should be retained.

#13 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted June 28, 2007 - 09:41 PM

Everyone forgets that Bertuzzi had back surgery, lets see someone else come from that to hopping right into the playoffs. I mean come on, give the guy a break. he needs some time to get back in the swing of things. He may not be a power forward anymore, but he sure does add some size, and im sure we'll still see flashes of the old crash the net style.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#14 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted June 29, 2007 - 02:12 PM

Two things today that could affect Schneider's return...

One, the cap for next season was announced at $50.3 million. This is up from $44 million this season and is higher than the $48 million that had been estimated, so that might give the Wings some extra money to sign Schneider.

Two, Jaroslav Modry re-signed with the Kings. He was rumored to be one of the blueline replacements the Wings might look at if they couldn't keep Schneider.

#15 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted July 01, 2007 - 09:35 AM

It looks like Schneider won't be back with Detroit before free agency opens up in 90 minutes.

Ken Holland said yesterday that he would talk to all of Detroit's impending free agents (Schneider, Markov, Bertuzzi and Hasek) one more time this morning to try to get a deal done, but there's been no news.

I get the feeling that Schneider is gone. Dave at GorillaCrouch suggests Scott Hannan and Roman Hamrlik as replacements for Markov and Schneider, should both bolt. He also recommends resigning Hasek and Bertuzzi. I don't disagree but I wonder how realistic his numbers are.

And one thing that almost every blogger has been forgetting in projecting a Detroit lineup for next season... Derek Meech will be subject to waivers, meaning he probably won't be sent down to GR. Kyle Quincey, no matter how well he played in the postseason, can still be sent down.

#16 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted July 01, 2007 - 02:00 PM

Posting from my phone... TSN reports Schneider signing with the Ducks. I don't have numbers but I'm on my way home to find out more.

#17 Stormo

Stormo

Legend

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

Posted July 01, 2007 - 02:04 PM

Posting from my phone... TSN reports Schneider signing with the Ducks. I don't have numbers but I'm on my way home to find out more.

The Anaheim Ducks have signed defenceman Mathieu Schneider to a two-year deal paying him $5.5 million and $5.75 million. Schneider played his last four seasons in Detroit and appeared in 68 games last season, recording 11 goals, 41 assists and 66 penalty minutes.

temp-3.png

Memorial Trophy Champions - Season 22

Soelberg Trophy Champions - Seasons 14 and 22 

Inauguration Cup Champions- Season 21 and 24

Unwritten DFHL Rule - Don't be an asshole.

#18 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted July 01, 2007 - 02:33 PM

Just a tiny bit more than Ken Holland was willing to spend.

I would not be shocked if the Wings make a push for New Jersey's Brian Rafalski now.

#19 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,452 posts

Posted July 01, 2007 - 02:53 PM

Maybe I'm wrong about Rafalski, supposedly Edmonton has given him an offer and they are awaiting his response.

#20 Shade

Shade

Power Forward

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted July 01, 2007 - 05:08 PM

Schneider's gonna make a good replacement for Niedermayer should he prove to retire. I hope he doesn't though, because I want to see those two play together...
Faith can be unstoppable.Belief is unbelievable.Is this the year?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?