• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,450 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 03:04 PM

Todd Bertuzzi could be out of the lineup tonight, suffering from back spasms. He's a game-time decision and Jiri Hudler will take his spot if he can't go.

Bill over at Abel to Yzerman says there will be a game seven. I'll have some of what he's selling.

Personally, I don't know about tonight. I've got a good feeling about Game Seven if the Wings can make it there, but I had that feeling against Edmonton last year and it didn't help Game Six any.

#2 RRhoads

RRhoads

Grinder

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 05:55 PM

I agree. I got a good feeling if there is a game seven as well. As for game six, I'm staying off these forums, as the only two times i've been on here, we've been equalized in the third period and lost in OT. I'm not taking the risk. :welcome:

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,450 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for making the sacrifice. :welcome: Hope to see you back here after the game for a celebration.

Score early, then again. None of this one-goal bullsh*t.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,450 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 08:18 PM

:welcome:

So much for that

#5 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 08:28 PM

:welcome:

So much for that

Its obvious ANAHEIM has got the upper-hand. Hopefully, the RED WINGS can settle it down, and start playing their game, in front of GIGUERE ..........

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,450 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 08:49 PM

After 20 minutes... Not much to say. Wings can't control the puck so they can't get anything going. And the ice looks like sh*t, puck is bouncing all over the place.

#7 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:11 PM

After 20 minutes... Not much to say. Wings can't control the puck so they can't get anything going. And the ice looks like sh*t, puck is bouncing all over the place.

The only way to look at the first 20 minutes, is that the RED WINGS ought to go into their dressing room feeling good the score isn't 2-0 or worse. The other thing they need to be thinking about is how they are going to take control of this game. The CHICKEN's controlled about 75% of the first period. The WINGS need to reverse that, get the transition game in their favor. I'm thinking some long feeds into the neutral zone with 2 more RED WINGS with speed moving across center ice and on into the the CHICKEN's zone. From their cycle to get a man open and get JSG moving from side to side. Too often the CHICKEN's are out-positioning the RED WINGS and are able to re-gain control of the puck.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,450 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:13 PM

When was the last time the Wings got a really good bounce in the offensive end? They got two on the two goals in Game One but I can't think of anything since then. No deflections off the shaft of the goalie stick, or off a defender. Could really use that right now.

#9 klaitinen

klaitinen

Legend

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:15 PM

I tell ya... Hasek, as old as the guy is, he is a master at his craft. I dispised him in the playoffs vs Montreal when he was a Sabre because he was just a shutdown goalie. The Wings are lucky to have him between the pipes tonight, he is making some beauty saves.

jerseys.png

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,450 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:22 PM

Before the penalty, before the goal, Penner totally ran Hasek over. I want Holmstrom to decapitate Giguere right now, I'm f*cking tired of him having to be so careful around the crease.

#11 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:25 PM

When was the last time the Wings got a really good bounce in the offensive end? They got two on the two goals in Game One but I can't think of anything since then. No deflections off the shaft of the goalie stick, or off a defender. Could really use that right now.

Bounces definitely have not been going the the WINGS way ............ but neither is anything else. Too many penalties and the WINGS power play hasn't even got off first base!

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,450 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:39 PM

Remember when the Ducks got away with too many men on the ice in Game Five? I miss the days when the refs couldn't count.

#13 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:39 PM

How can a team like the RED WINGS in a must win Game 6, be called for so many penalties and turn the puck over as much as they have through 40 minutes!

#14 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,450 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:42 PM

Run Giguere. Take shots, pin him down, bang in the rebound. Works for the Ducks.

#15 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:43 PM

What is HASEK doing on his back again with his head on the goal line, with the puck loose in front of the net? Totally out-of-control at this point ............... :mad: :welcome: What a damn shame for team that has SOOO much talent that's going to no good use tonight!

#16 klaitinen

klaitinen

Legend

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:46 PM

And just when i compliment Hasek he does the lie on your back and wish evryoine would just go away. Penalty I agree was weak at best but Detroit D just aren't clearing these guys out from the front of the net.

jerseys.png

#17 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:48 PM

RED WINGS offense totally shut down .......... the best I think that can come out of this debacle is a couple goals to make it LOOK close ........... I'm probably not even going watch much more of the third period .......... Its an OUTRAGE at this point! :mad: :welcome:

#18 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:51 PM

And just when i compliment Hasek he does the lie on your back and wish evryoine would just go away. Penalty I agree was weak at best but Detroit D just aren't clearing these guys out from the front of the net.

That was EXACTLY my point in my post preceeding yours KLAITINEN ...... HASEK on his back without control of the puck, and the WING D standing around too ......... OUTRAGEOUS!

Did you stock up on TACO BELLS before the game? :welcome:

#19 klaitinen

klaitinen

Legend

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:53 PM

Taaacos...... :welcome:

jerseys.png

#20 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:56 PM

Hate to say this RED WING Fans, but I think it may be time to start thinking about the GOLF game ........ Whuddayaallsay? :welcome:

I just went to the garage to get my clubs in order. The RED WINGS have got to do some soul-searching in the dressing room. I think its fair to say the WINGS haven't shown up yet ......... Anyone else care to comment?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?