• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 01:56 PM

Brett Lebda will rejoin the Red Wings lineup tonight, taking the roster spot opened by Mathieu Schneider's season-ending injury in Game Five. That looks to be the only lineup change for either team, as Bill Guerin is not expected to skate for San Jose.

The Red Wings have not lost a game in which they could eliminate their opponents since June 3, 1998, when they lost Game Five of the Western Conference Finals to Dallas. They would win Game Six of that round to take the series.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 08:41 PM

Mikey! Woohoo! Line match that, bitches!

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 08:44 PM

Lidstrom just saved Hasek's ass. Oh my.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 08:48 PM

Sammy f*cking ownz you!

#5 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 09:42 PM

Sammy f*cking ownz you!

Despite his Miscue on Grier, Hasek has come up BIG 2 or 3 times. The WINGS must regain control of the game in the third. I would hate to see SJO get one. It would turn the momentum in favor of the SHARKS and the WINGS will be back on their heels. :unsure:

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, Wings would do well to keep the Sharks off the board or get one or two more of their own.

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 10:09 PM

I mentioned this to Catmandu earlier tonight, it feels a bit like a fight where the Sharks are just swinging and swinging but the Wings are holding them by the head so none of those punches even connect. Dangerous, 'cause if the Sharks connect once it could get bad, but it could make the Sharks wear themselves out.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 10:21 PM

Great to see some octopi on the ice out there!

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 10:24 PM

Bring on the Quackers, the Fish are done!

#10 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 11:07 PM

Bring on the Quackers, the Fish are done!

Impressive play by the WINGS. Three solid periods! Great play by DOM to keep SJO off the board. Seemed that SJO never had control of the game. They just couldn't solve a strong forecheck and sound defensive play by the WINGS. GREAT TEAM EFFORT. Everyone contributed! Celebrate, but not too much. Get some rest -- but not too much. Break out the film, and get back to work. ANAHEIM is formidable, but not unbeatable.

#11 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,352 posts

Posted May 07, 2007 - 11:15 PM

Did they credit Nick with a save on that one? Any way look out ducks here come the Wings!!!! Conference finals! Should be a good one, figures it would happen when I am not at home to enjoy it!! Go Wings!
Posted Image

#12 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted May 08, 2007 - 08:22 PM

it seems like its been a while since the 1 and 2 seeds have battled in the conference finals, unless thats just me being totally wrong.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#13 WingedWheeler

WingedWheeler

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted May 08, 2007 - 11:24 PM

Oh yeah! Top teams making it far is good for the league. Nobody likes to see 8th place teams. I mean they earned their spot but non hockey fans will not watch teams they think are bad. Giguire is going to be tough next round. I think the Wings will pull it off in 6 or 7.

#14 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted May 09, 2007 - 07:31 AM

:blink:

I actually disagree. While the NHL *should* want its top teams and top talent to advance as far as possible, everyone loves the underdogs. It makes for a great story when an eighth seed makes the Finals.

Not saying that I want to see it, just saying that there weren't a lot of people complaining about Edmonton's run last year.

#15 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 09, 2007 - 09:53 PM

Oh yeah! Top teams making it far is good for the league. Nobody likes to see 8th place teams. I mean they earned their spot but non hockey fans will not watch teams they think are bad. Giguire is going to be tough next round. I think the Wings will pull it off in 6 or 7.

I believe "parity" in the NHL is a good thing. By parity, I mean that any team is a contender. It is good for the league, and good for hockey fans, that an 8th seed can go all the way to the Stanley Cup finals. The fact that an 8th seed can win the championship speaks to how close the League is in player and team skill.

#16 drwmike33

drwmike33

All-Star

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted May 11, 2007 - 01:56 PM

I agree...

I think the game would get boring if it was always the same team winning the cup every year. If it were always the same 4 or 5 teams and and different buttom 2 or 3 every year. It'd be the same teams battling it out and sooner or later people would wonder why the F*** there's 30 teams.

That is... unless it was the wings winning every year. Then I'd be content.

:blink:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?