• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted May 04, 2007 - 11:39 PM

Bill Guerin will sit this one out for San Jose but that's the only expected line change. Not like he was doing much anyway.

Game #5 on 5/5... Nicklas Lidstrom as the hero?

#2 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 12:26 AM

wouldn't surprise me haha
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 12:54 PM

Matt Ellis took the pregame skate, not sure if that means anything.

#4 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 01:37 PM

After the playoffs, Hasek needs to be let go and a new young goalie needs to come in. Hasek lets in too many easy goals. It's about time for a change. I think they should try and steal Vesa Toskala from San Jose.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 01:39 PM

After 20 minutes, not too happy. Sharks goal... Never should have gotten tha shot off. Not surprisingly, it did come after an un-called hook at the other end.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 02:11 PM

Anyone know what's up w/ Schneider?

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 02:36 PM

Way to be tough and jump Zetterberg to end the period. B.S. that Zata got a penalty on that.

Datsyuk ownz you. :unsure:

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 03:08 PM

Are we having fun or what?!

#9 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 03:34 PM

haha I love owning teams. It was fun to see San Jose react exactly like Calgary did. I'm feeling Detroit taking it in 6. Go Wings baby!

#10 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 07:51 PM

I can tell you this, we will go to the conference finals. How do I know this? Because I am not at home to go see the games in Anaheim!!!!!
Posted Image

#11 fitch.1918

fitch.1918

Power Forward

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 08:30 PM

Hey Clark...another awesome game. Still disappointed that more fans aren't wearing red. Also don't you think the towels they hand out at the game should be red instead of white...just a thought. Hope you had a great time, I'm sure you did. Wings in six baby!!!!

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted May 05, 2007 - 10:10 PM

We were debating on the way home whether today's game or Game One against Edmonton last year (a double-OT win) was the best playoff game we've been to. The Wings were pretty dominant and the crowd was into it. It was nuts.

I think the Wings organization is pushing the red thing too much. The cynical side of me says they're only doing it because they know more people have white jerseys so if they push people to wear red, maybe those people will spend the money on a new jersey. This was the first game since 1995 that I didn't wear a Steve Yzerman jersey to, since all of my Yzerman jerseys are white. If everyone actually was wearing red, I'm sure the white towels would look pretty cool, but since you see a lot of white (and even some teal, I almost felt sorry for the kid in the Sharks hat sitting behind us, that was the only thing that stopped me from taking his picture when it looked like he was going to cry at the end of the game), the towels really should be red.

It probably costs more to print on red towels, anyway.

I'll post some thoughts on the game itself tomorrow, after I watch some replays from my DVR.

#13 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted May 06, 2007 - 02:16 PM

Some thoughts after seeing some things on replay... Catmandu says, "That's right, bitches." I say there's no way the second and fourth Detroit goals should have been scored. Same for San Jose's goal.

Dom should have had that shot by Goc, I thought it might have been deflected at the time but after replay Hasek was just slow to move. Good thing it didn't matter.

Nabokov made an awful play on Datsyuk's goal. Hull later said that all Nabokov had to do was put it past Datsyuk. I say he had to do even less, he just had to put it away from Datsyuk. Nabokov could have passed that in any direction except for the one he went in and Datsyuk wouldn't have gotten to it in time to score.

On the fourth goal, Holmstrom was right in the middle of the four Sharks on the ice. Someone should have had him, there's no way he should have been open.

#14 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted May 06, 2007 - 02:31 PM

agreed, I think the cleanest goal of the game was Samuelsson's. What a beauty. He's got a pretty nice shot. He had a few wrist shots early in the game that missed only by a few inches, what a sniper!

#15 Shade

Shade

Power Forward

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted May 06, 2007 - 04:15 PM

Yeah, I saw the highlights on Samuelsson's goal, and that was an awesome goal. Gotta feel bad for Schneider, though; it's been reported that he broke his wrist last night. His postseason= over.
Faith can be unstoppable.Belief is unbelievable.Is this the year?

#16 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 06, 2007 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, I saw the highlights on Samuelsson's goal, and that was an awesome goal. Gotta feel bad for Schneider, though; it's been reported that he broke his wrist last night. His postseason= over.

What does Schneider's season ending injury mean to the Red Wing's playoff hopes?

#17 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 06, 2007 - 05:36 PM

After the playoffs, Hasek needs to be let go and a new young goalie needs to come in. Hasek lets in too many easy goals. It's about time for a change. I think they should try and steal Vesa Toskala from San Jose.

I agree, it was a soft goal. But how many times has he kept shut teams down? I still think he's in the top five in the league.

#18 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,171 posts

Posted May 06, 2007 - 07:02 PM

Ansar Khan says that Schneider's wrist was shattered.

The bone in Mathieu Schneider's left wrist was shattered. He'll have surgery this week and will be in a splint for eight weeks or so.

Lebda will be a gameday decision, Meech will get the call if Lebda can't go. Chelios will pick up more of Schneider's minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?