• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,403 posts

Posted April 30, 2007 - 02:58 PM

Since I started the Game Four thread already, I guess I should open this one up. I don't think there's much to say right now other than a win tonight would get put the Wings in a good position. Not that that's a really profound statement or anything.

#2 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted April 30, 2007 - 04:28 PM

Sharks will take the wing tonight and Detroit will bounce back for a Game 4 win heading back to Hockey Town.
Posted Image[indent=1][size=3]

#3 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,403 posts

Posted April 30, 2007 - 09:11 PM

Why did they hire a hooker to sing the national anthem? Damn, I thought Karen Newman was bad.

#4 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,403 posts

Posted April 30, 2007 - 09:34 PM

Lidstrom with the power play goal! Hell yeah! The power play was going to have to click sometime, glad to see them get on the board so quick.

#5 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,403 posts

Posted April 30, 2007 - 09:53 PM

The Wings have gotta be happy with the first 20 minutes. Hopefully they can keep it up, a win tonight would be huge, but there's a lot of game left to play.

#6 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,403 posts

Posted April 30, 2007 - 10:50 PM

After two... Wings still playing well, just a defensive breakdown to allow the Sharks to even it up. Hopefully they can get another great third period.

Mickey touched on it but there have been some awful calls and non-calls tonight. Consistency people!

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,403 posts

Posted April 30, 2007 - 11:12 PM

Detroit is looking all kinds of sloppy right now. This could end up ugly.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,403 posts

Posted April 30, 2007 - 11:25 PM

Damnit, Cheechoo puts the Sharks up on the power play.

The Wings need a power play now, the Sharks haven't taken a penalty since the first period.

Edit: Sweet, power play.

#9 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,403 posts

Posted April 30, 2007 - 11:29 PM

Not that the extra attacket did any good. Damn.

#10 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted April 30, 2007 - 11:46 PM

Ugly. We started good but looked tired honestly. Six defencemen and I rarely saw quincey out there at all. Would've been nice to snatch this game but game four is a must win. Lang yuck. Bertuzzi looking just as bad right now.

#11 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,403 posts

Posted May 01, 2007 - 12:00 AM

Yeah, game four is a virtual must-win now. Hopefully Homer coming back will help things out. Too bad he's not a center, Lang's safe.

#12 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted May 01, 2007 - 02:35 PM

Tomas Kopecky played Center while on the Griffins but it wouldnt be a good idea to switch him now. Faceoff wins are very important. Maybe we should just keep draper on 2 lines and scratch lang all together haha. I think Babcock should place Holmstrom back with his normal mates for game 4 when Homer returns, and put Bertuzzi back down with Lang and Cleary or Franzen. Game 4 is a win for Detroit, I absolutely feel it, especially since they NEED it.

#13 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 01, 2007 - 05:09 PM

Sharks will take the wing tonight and Detroit will bounce back for a Game 4 win heading back to Hockey Town.

I hope you're as correct bout game 4 as you were about this one! Care to predict the score? ;)

I was only able to watch bits and pieces of the 1st and 2nd periods and that it was a fairly close game. I missed the entire 3rd period. I'm told the SHARKS dominated much of the 3rd. Anyone care to comment?

#14 RideTheRedWave

RideTheRedWave

All-Star

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted May 01, 2007 - 05:16 PM

Sharks put tremendous pressure on our D and forced turnovers or just got to the puck first. Our defense was drained and they kept pushing the entire period. Hasek kept us in the game, sadly no one else stepped up in the third. Game four I say 4-1 wings dominate if homer plays. Sharks played puck possession the whole third period and the wings couldn't keep them out of the zone.

#15 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted May 01, 2007 - 11:28 PM

Sharks put tremendous pressure on our D and forced turnovers or just got to the puck first. Our defense was drained and they kept pushing the entire period. Hasek kept us in the game, sadly no one else stepped up in the third. Game four I say 4-1 wings dominate if homer plays. Sharks played puck possession the whole third period and the wings couldn't keep them out of the zone.

Thanks for the input. A "convincing" Detroit win in Game #4, for the SPLIT, would change momentum and be a big WING boost for Game #5. I don't have to say anything about a WING loss, except ITS TITS UP ...............

#16 choyer

choyer

All-Star

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted May 03, 2007 - 08:08 PM

haha so far im right about Game 3 and Game 4. However, Game 5 for me is cloudy. I dont have a hunch about it at all. Im feeling a strong fight by the Sharks though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?