• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 01:03 PM

Seven hours to game time and still not a single suspension handed out. I'm beginning to think even McLennan will go without one, since it doesn't seem like they'd wait until the Flames didn't even have time to call up someone from Omaha.

Random stat time... The Wings are 3-3 in Game Sixes since 2000. The three losses all came after losing Game Five (which they didn't do this time around). The Wing shave not lost Game Six and Game Seven of a series since 1991 when they took a 3-1 series lead over St. Louis and lost the final three games.

Kyle Quincey will enter the Detroit lineup after Brett Lebda suffered a concussion from the sucker punch by Daymond Langkow in Game Five.

#2 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 01:41 PM

From TSN...

Sources say Jamie McLennan has been suspended for five games for his slash on Detroit's Johan Franzen in Game 5 of the Western Conference quarter-finals.

McLennan's slash was part of an undisciplined display from Calgary that included a Daymond Langkow uppercut to the face of Brett Lebda following a Lebda hip-check, along with a Jarome Iginla butt-end, leading to a late game crosscheck on Red Wings veteran Mathieu Schneider.

I don't really, but part of me hopes the Wings run around sucker-punching people all night tonight, since obviously there's nothing wrong with doing so.

Edit: From the NHL Press Release...

Calgary Flames goaltender Jamie McLennan
has been suspended five games, Calgary coach Jim Playfair has been fined
$25,000 and the Flames’ organization has been fined $100,000 for a variety
of actions late in Game Five of the team’s Western Conference Quarter-final
series against the Detroit Red Wings.

I'm sure the loss of money will stop it from happening again. I wonder if Mr. I can go to the NHL and say, "Here's my $100,000, now let me take a shot at Iginla."

#3 Stormo

Stormo

Legend

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 01:53 PM

Five game suspension = no game suspension. How likely is McLennan to play in the Flames next five games whether they be this year or at the start of next year (wherever he ends up)?

temp-3.png

Memorial Trophy Champions - Season 22

Soelberg Trophy Champions - Seasons 14 and 22 

Inauguration Cup Champions- Season 21 and 24

Unwritten DFHL Rule - Don't be an asshole.

#4 drwmike33

drwmike33

All-Star

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 02:29 PM

Five game suspension = no game suspension. How likely is McLennan to play in the Flames next five games whether they be this year or at the start of next year (wherever he ends up)?

Exactly... I think he needed a fine as well as a suspension--that'd make him think about sportsmanship.

Atleast Playfair got something as well as the rest of the team. It isn't EVERYTHING I wanted, but I guess I'm content... I'll take what I can get.
Posted Image

#5 SYfanSD

SYfanSD

Legend

• Members
  • 2,425 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 02:43 PM

As sad as the whole thing is I think it is what this team and fanbase needs. Look how everything ended up in 97 and 98. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I want another cup and whatever motivates us to do that is fine by me!
Posted Image

#6 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 03:26 PM

As sad as the whole thing is I think it is what this team and fanbase needs. Look how everything ended up in 97 and 98. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I want another cup and whatever motivates us to do that is fine by me!

I agree, but damn this thing can get out of control if Detroit loses tonight. Talk about headhunting... that's about what it'll come down to. I hope for all purposes Detroit can shrug this f*cking team tonight.

I had a feeling nothing would be done by the league. What a shame. Iginla should be gone for tonights match, as he knows what sh*tty play he gave and dismissed it as saying it was the heat of the moment. So, I see this guy (Iginla) on the street and the heat of the moment has me go and take his knees out. Now he is gone from hockey, and I guess I should dismiss it as a heated moment in my life. :hockeysmiley:

Go Wings!
Who are you? This is the definitive question. "You are who you say you are and will be."

#7 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 07:35 PM

Calder is taking the pregame skate, not sure who he's replacing.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and McCarty is taking the skate for Calgary. No word on whether or not he'll be in.

Edit 2: Hudler is out, that's who Calder is replacing.

#8 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 08:34 PM

Wow, shot that Giordano took looked bad. Hope he's alright.

So far, a bit of a slow game. Wings are controlling things pretty well. The refs are letting some things go, a bit of a surprise since a lot of people thought they'd call everything.

#9 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 08:59 PM

Wow, shot that Giordano took looked bad. Hope he's alright.

So far, a bit of a slow game. Wings are controlling things pretty well. The refs are letting some things go, a bit of a surprise since a lot of people thought they'd call everything.

Well, I have yet to see Detroit actually cause a penalty, as Calgary is already getting the benefit of the doubt. I'm still confused as to the running of Kipper, I have yet to really see anything that would constitute a penalty, or anything for that matter. This is so sad when a team has to hide behind some phantom penalty calls in order to get a chance in the series.

Whoop dat ASS Detroit!!!

Go Wings!!
Who are you? This is the definitive question. "You are who you say you are and will be."

#10 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:00 PM

Someone from Calgary crashed the net a lot harder than Holmstrom did right at the end of the period there, no call.

#11 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:03 PM

Yeah, my point exactly. I'm not worried about the outcome of the series as long as we get a fairly called game. I'm for having the better team move on, but not at the expense of a cheap call or dirty players. How much can the league penalize someone who just doesn't give a sh*t?

Go Wings!!!

#12 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:08 PM

And Iginla gets the Flames on the board. Does that mean the Wings have free reign to do whatever they need to do to get back in the game now?

#13 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:10 PM

Goddamit Lang! I could have put that in!

And how surprising that Bertuzzi wasn't called for hitting Kiprusoff.

#14 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:30 PM

Woohoo! I knew bitching about Lang would do some good!

#15 skyguy52

skyguy52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:31 PM

Goddamit Lang! I could have put that in!

And how surprising that Bertuzzi wasn't called for hitting Kiprusoff.

I have to comment on LANG's GOAL ! I guess my bitchin about his play is finally PAYING OFF ...HAHAA :hockeysmiley:

#16 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:37 PM

After two... Have to think that the Wings are both disappointed not to be leading but happy not to be losing in Calgary. If Detroit keeps controlling things the way they have been, they could finish things tonight, but the Flames showed it only takes one play.

#17 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:38 PM

Calgary is tired, and if Detroit can just pick it up a little bit this one could be ours. At the end of the period, all the Flames were gased, and I mean gased.

GO WINGS!!!!

Oh yeah....Damn it Lang! You should have two goals tonight!! Maybe he will get better. :hockeysmiley:

#18 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:41 PM

Oh yeah....Damn it Lang! You should have two goals tonight!! Maybe he will get better. :hockeysmiley:

Ha! Yeah, why are we happy with one goal? Damnit Lang, you should be dominating these guys!

#19 Glove_Dropper

Glove_Dropper

Power Forward

• Banned
  • 124 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:46 PM

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!

OOPS, that was embarr...

#20 YzerFan19

YzerFan19

Legend

• Admin
  • 11,454 posts

Posted April 22, 2007 - 09:58 PM

Wings power play has sucked tonight. Wasted it all yesterday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advanced Forum Search

Current Forum Discussions

Forgot Your Password?